IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you write that DC?  Looks like it’s c&p from somewhere?  If you did, spot on. ??????

If you didn’t, who did? 

All my own work Dave.

I typed it in word and cut and pasted it onto here.

• Like 3
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

A name mentioned on here from Wolves was the goalie Sarkic, his move to Stoke has been called off despite a fee being agreed last week. Wonder whether he is now being used to bridge the gap in valuation between us and them?

Interesting. Fee was reported as £1.25m, had a medical then failed to agree personal terms at the last min apparently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Makes me wonder if some clubs get stubborn and don't pay 25m and we hold onto Scott. If or how much his value could change in January, 

Will all depend on how well or badly we and he are doing. 
If we’re 8 points clear and he’s contributing goals and assists most weeks then we won’t be selling. In that case I’d assume he signs a new contract with us with a release clause in case we bottle it. 

If we’re bottom half and he’s not really contributing then we could get a real low offer. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Will all depend on how well or badly we and he are doing. 
If we’re 8 points clear and he’s contributing goals and assists most weeks then we won’t be selling. In that case I’d assume he signs a new contract with us with a release clause in case we bottle it. 

If we’re bottom half and he’s not really contributing then we could get a real low offer. 

Been lower table for so long thought you meant clear of relegation ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

A name mentioned on here from Wolves was the goalie Sarkic, his move to Stoke has been called off despite a fee being agreed last week. Wonder whether he is now being used to bridge the gap in valuation between us and them?

no, its called off because they can't agree personal terms, if stoke can't pay his wages we have absolutely no chance

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

More , in my opinion, and we will know if a promotion push is on or just a pipe dream 

how did we do with scott and semenyo in the team last season, as i don't remember this promotion push you keep telling us will 100% happen

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Interesting. Fee was reported as £1.25m, had a medical then failed to agree personal terms at the last min apparently.

I think we could really do with a top end championship keeper, but im not sure the guy that wolves are trying to get rid of and replaced him with bentley is the answer?! 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

how did we do with scott and semenyo in the team last season, as i don't remember this promotion push you keep telling us will 100% happen

By January, we would have a far better idea than current conjecture can possibly give us. We would have also enjoyed seeing our best players in City shirts, and of course made a serious signal of intent.

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I think we could really do with a top end championship keeper, but im not sure the guy that wolves are trying to get rid of and replaced him with bentley is the answer?! 

We could certainly do with some strength in depth at GK. This guy looks similar to Max in age and experience.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Little bit of chatter about Lloyd Kelly earlier in the thread. This guy seems to be an analyst. I wonder...nice little sell-on bonus?

I can’t imagine they’ll make profit on LK with a year to run. Hope I’m wrong though, would be nice to earn a bit more from that sale.

30 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I can’t imagine they’ll make profit on LK with a year to run. Hope I’m wrong though, would be nice to earn a bit more from that sale.

Mason Mount went for 55m with a year on his contract, window has gone a bit bananas 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Homegrown...............was he **** ! Doesn't know much, does he !

I think he means homegrown from the perspective of the European and PL regs.

ie for PL and UEFA competitions you require a certain number of home grown players, basically means anyone trained by an English club in this instance for 3 years or more before the age of 21.

Screenshot_20230718-192927_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d65652b76a42f967e58564256feec63f.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chinapig said:

West Ham are now said to want Leon Goretzka.

They've been linked with so many midfielders it begins to look like they don't really have a coherent plan. Much like last summer in fact.

The more I read about them the more I think West Ham really wouldn't be a good move for Scott at all.

Even though Bournemouth aren't as fashionable and it gets tiresome selling them all of our best players, if their new manager is half of what he's hyped up to be they could be a very fun side to watch next year, with a playing style that would suit him down to the ground.

Or you've got Wolves where a manager with the pedigree of Lopetegui evidently rates him and would presumably have a plan for him.

Whereas West Ham as you say don't seem to have much of a plan. Talk of conflict between Moyes and recruitment staff in terms of who they should be targeting, seem to be valuing "proven experience" which wouldn't bode well for his chances of regular football. Have a fairly pragmatic manager in Moyes who doesn't have a great track record of bringing youth through and might not even be there in a few months if they start the season poorly

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, bcfctim said:

The more I read about them the more I think West Ham really wouldn't be a good move for Scott at all.

Even though Bournemouth aren't as fashionable and it gets tiresome selling them all of our best players, if their new manager is half of what he's hyped up to be they could be a very fun side to watch next year, with a playing style that would suit him down to the ground.

Or you've got Wolves where a manager with the pedigree of Lopetegui evidently rates him and would presumably have a plan for him.

Whereas West Ham as you say don't seem to have much of a plan. Talk of conflict between Moyes and recruitment staff in terms of who they should be targeting, seem to be valuing "proven experience" which wouldn't bode well for his chances of regular football. Have a fairly pragmatic manager in Moyes who doesn't have a great track record of bringing youth through and might not even be there in a few months if they start the season poorly

Agreed and I would add Moyes' preferred direct style of play which doesn't seem to suit Alex.

There were reports last season of dissent in the dressing room about the style of play in fact. The signings last summer were supposed to lead to a change but he soon reverted to type. It's also been suggested that Warburton left because he disagreed with the approach.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Good post Downend.

I think covid was another factor in the collapse of the model - but otherwise, yes agree.

You said you’d copied and pasted from word - did you miss a bit at the end? Be interested to see what followed. 

Yes I did - when I increased the font size it went on to a second page, which I missed when cut and pasting!

Full version below....

image.png.4d98457f2d52df62be205ef9a70a2707.png

image.png.51c6728857355ec09a1012b68e83a0f7.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Makes me wonder if some clubs get stubborn and don't pay 25m and we hold onto Scott. If or how much his value could change in January, 

That's the risk factor for any team baulking at £25m now.

Can only see Scott's value climbing and if he has a very good start to the season then by January £25m might look like a bargain, when there might not be quite so many midfielders on the market after Christmas as there appear to have been this summer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's the risk factor for any team baulking at £25m now.

Can only see Scott's value climbing and if he has a very good start to the season then by January £25m might look like a bargain, when there might not be quite so many midfielders on the market after Christmas as there appear to have been this summer.

To be honest at that point he'd have 18 months left on his deal. I'd expect his value to drop rather than increase from £25m.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Hmmm 1

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Listened go that Alex Crook on talksport earlier. Again he's saying Bournemouth are the only club in the market for him as Wolves can't afford him due to ffp and that he expects him to end up at Bournemouth. 

He’s based down there. It’s his local club . He comes across a bit biased towards them