IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Normally he's pretty good but his coverage of the Alex Scott transfer makes it seem like he's being told what to say by Bournemouth. 

He said the other day that he was confident they’d get him for £18m . He obviously didn’t know wolves had already had that amount rejected. He’s the same as most of them. My sources this  & we’re led to believe that. Gets a bit tedious tbh 

• Like 6

Dean Jones also seems to suggest that Bournemouth are out in front.

https://www.givemesport.com/wolverhampton-wanderers-transfer-news-alex-scott-molineux/

He says Wolves still walking the line a bit FFP wise but mentions £20m or so- also suggests the £25m remains a bit off-putting.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

To be honest at that point he'd have 18 months left on his deal. I'd expect his value to drop rather than increase from £25m.

There are many unknown factors other than remaining length of contract, such as his form, luck with injuries, and the needs of bidding clubs. At his age my bet woke he continues to improve , as Will his value.

There is a strong case for keeping AS for this season.

12 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

There are many unknown factors other than remaining length of contract, such as his form, luck with injuries, and the needs of bidding clubs. At his age my bet woke he continues to improve , as Will his value.

There is a strong case for keeping AS for this season.

I’m all for keeping him myself also. Even if his value does drop, it’s worth the punt of keeping hold of him. But if he does have a decent season I’m more than willing to bet we would get less for him in Jan than now. And even less 6 months on from that.

20 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I’m all for keeping him myself also. Even if his value does drop, it’s worth the punt of keeping hold of him. But if he does have a decent season I’m more than willing to bet we would get less for him in Jan than now. And even less 6 months on from that.

I think most city fans would rather keep Alex, than sell and have a couple of cheap replacements.  But everytime he is on the floor after a tackle, you panic is he injured, so unless city could have insurance in place to cover a serious injury, I am not sure we can afford not to sell. That is also assuming Alex would be prepared to stay  rather than earn millions playing in the prem 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think most city fans would rather keep Alex, than sell and have a couple of cheap replacements.  But everytime he is on the floor after a tackle, you panic is he injured, so unless city could have insurance in place to cover a serious injury, I am not sure we can afford not to sell. That is also assuming Alex would be prepared to stay  rather than earn millions playing in the prem 

That new contract would speak volumes if he signed it. Yes, he would get his move but by God we would be in such a strong position and he would be better off.

Idealistic I know but get there with us Alex.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Wiemann / Benarous/ knight. Na don’t think that at all 

It seems the club has played an absolute blinder so far. We have I think set a price a bit above his current worth so if we do lose him we will be adequately compensated. Having said that Alex is 19 and progressing rapidly and his worth if he stays (unlikely I know) will I believe well exceed £25m by the end of the season (barring serious injury). He is such an extraordinary talent that there is no way his value will depreciate. If he stays and we don’t challenge then he will go in January to one of any number of desperate clubs. If we have a successful season then many more clubs will be in the queue so there will be a bidding war. Simply put £25m now or £30m plus next summer. 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

Wrong topic Ik, but does anyone know if clubs have shown interest in TC. Looks the most natural goal scorer we’ve had since Tammy to me and he’s been electric so far this pre season. 

At only 20 years old if he continues this form into the season by next July he could be worth some serious money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Normally he's pretty good but his coverage of the Alex Scott transfer makes it seem like he's being told what to say by Bournemouth. 

Agree.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

He said the other day that he was confident they’d get him for £18m . He obviously didn’t know wolves had already had that amount rejected. He’s the same as most of them. My sources this  & we’re led to believe that. Gets a bit tedious tbh 

If any of you haven’t watched Sky Docs - Deadline Day, watch it….I’m on episode 3.  I really did like like Dharmesh and Kaveh on the Transfer Centre, but having watched this, I actually dislike them more.  They spout so much crap, admittedly they are time-fillers really, that is all.  Pure hyperbole!!

Dharmesh - right let’s plan the schedule for the programme later.

Sky bloke - yeah, ok

Dharmesh - how about we do….(at this point I’m expecting something professional or clever from him)….potential outgoings, then potential incomings. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He could easily have scored 4/5 today…

- low shot parried away by the keeper

- brilliant tip over by keeper

- header onto top of bar

- scruffy shot saved, probably the easiest chance

- thumping shot against the bar

Did feel for him, the easiest chance was the one he had his worst shot ?.

Does clearly show he’s got the ability to shoot from range though. The second one I thought was going in but was a spectacular save to be fair. 

Definitely not putting buyers off that’s for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George Rs said:

Wrong topic Ik, but does anyone know if clubs have shown interest in TC. Looks the most natural goal scorer we’ve had since Tammy to me and he’s been electric so far this pre season. 

At only 20 years old if he continues this form into the season by next July he could be worth some serious money. 

I think Bell is a more natural goalscorer. 
:yawn:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

If any of you haven’t watched Sky Docs - Deadline Day, watch it….I’m on episode 3.  I really did like like Dharmesh and Kaveh on the Transfer Centre, but having watched this, I actually dislike them more.  They spout so much crap, admittedly they are time-fillers really, that is all.  Pure hyperbole!!

Dharmesh - right let’s plan the schedule for the programme later.

Sky bloke - yeah, ok

Dharmesh - how about we do….(at this point I’m expecting something professional or clever from him)….potential outgoings, then potential incomings. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Both of them are god awful & always have been, that Kaveh is an absolute weapon, just have a read of what Crystal Palace fans think of him. They are both part of the main reasons why sky sports news is such a joke these days and why you can’t trust a word of their “sources” when it comes to transfers - many years back sky sports were always the most reliable and trustworthy before those 2 got more involved.

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Not if he continues to show the quality and steps it up another level.  

Doesn’t really matter though imo. With 18 months left, and definitely with 12, clubs know you risk losing your best asset for free in the not too distant future so have that extra bargaining power. Even with the season of his life, his value won’t be above £25m in January purely for that fact.

I could be wrong but purely from a transfer value perspective, this is the prime time to sell imo. Though I obviously hope we keep hold of him, who knows what we could achieve if we manage to do so.

8 hours ago, George Rs said:

And so the next is lined up , term “selling club “ ring a bell (we could sell Bell too)

36 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Doesn’t really matter though imo. With 18 months left, and definitely with 12, clubs know you risk losing your best asset for free in the not too distant future so have that extra bargaining power. Even with the season of his life, his value won’t be above £25m in January purely for that fact.

I could be wrong but purely from a transfer value perspective, this is the prime time to sell imo. Though I obviously hope we keep hold of him, who knows what we could achieve if we manage to do so.

“Who knows what we could achieve “, try “promotion “. Surely that is the real gamble , the value of Scott now verses the value of promotion and Scott then? 

I know which bet I would prefer, 

11 hours ago, nebristolred said:

To be honest at that point he'd have 18 months left on his deal. I'd expect his value to drop rather than increase from £25m.

1 hour ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Not if he continues to show the quality and steps it up another level.  

Also, how many other 19 year olds are out there that can do what Alex can do?

The rarity value is such that clubs that want him will have to pay and , as I mentioned before, come January it's doubtful that there will be so many good midfielders on the market as there have been this summer for clubs looking to reinforce.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

“Who knows what we could achieve “, try “promotion “. Surely that is the real gamble , the value of Scott now verses the value of promotion and Scott then? 

I know which bet I would prefer, 

100% agree with you. I was just responding to a poster who thought his value might go up in Jan, which I disagree with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

100% agree with you. I was just responding to a poster who thought his value might go up in Jan, which I disagree with.

I cant really see, even with scott staying, that we will pull ourselves up 14 places based on the signings weve made? What from the last 8 years would give us any evidence that this will be our season finally?! If we could cut down on weak goals conceded and finish top 10 that would be a result as far as i can see.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I cant really see, even with scott staying, that we will pull ourselves up 14 places based on the signings weve made? What from the last 8 years would give us any evidence that this will be our season finally?! If we could cut down on weak goals conceded and finish top 10 that would be a result as far as i can see.

Ten points was the difference, that’s all

• Like 4