IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

State of play that we know of seems to be us holding out for our price and clubs- most notably Wolves given their frequency of bidding- seeking to low-ball us.

No sign of Scott discontent although who knows if there is behind the scenes.

Would be hopeful all agreed with Alex and representatives in advance, so the first club that meets our terms and his, off he goes. Really hope we’re not seeking a bidding war and hope he/his representatives aren’t putting pressure on us to accept low balled bids. We need to send the right signal to young/talented players and their representatives that a) they can develop and get their chance with us and b) we’ll be sensible (but not have the Micky taken out of us) when it’s time to move on. If we try to be clever now (I don’t think current management will be), it’s not without its risks for the future. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd hope so but it depends who exactly comes in for him IMO.

I totally agree on him being a model pro and he doesn't seem the type to become disruptive..but what do we know of his agent and his influence, mindset.

We know probably 1% of what is going on. Scott is fully aware of the situation and he seems really calm about it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just in case anyone panics or gets fooled...

This one is a little more convincing fake account wise than some of the false Fabs but false it remains!

Literally one letter different in the @ name.

Maybe it’s an age thing but I don’t get why people do this, creating fake SM accounts for no purpose 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

10 points off and Sunderland's goal difference was miles better. So 4 wins off.

But 7 other teams - Norwich, Preston, Watford, Swansea, West Brom, Millwall, Blackburn - missed out by even less than we did and will be saying exactly the same. 

So, imo, this line of argument is just an example of making the stats say what you want.

Norwich, Watford and West Brom won't be so poor again. The 3 relegated teams will finish above us too. Top 10 is a realistic ambition, and there's always a team or two that does better than expected so being in the "playoff conversation" next year should be our aim, but there's still a mountain to climb.

All that, after selling our best player! (I understand this is a necessity, btw) 

It’s usually hard to disagree with what you say about other teams missing out by smaller margins but when you look at Blackburn they’ve lost their main striker, Millwall signed someone we would not guarantee football for yada yada yada. 

Normally I would agree with you, but I don’t think this time around we are ‘normal’ as per that bunch. We’ve got a lot of young players coming up with another year’s experience and realising their potential. Our springboard is that much greater if you will without strengthening; but we have done just that. We’ve had a really good window so far I think notwithstanding what happens with Scott, and we have a few signed in January 2023 who will have had more time to settle and hit the ground running. Didn’t Alex Ferguson say something along the lines of his January signings were with a view to the following season. 

There’s a lot of logic in what you say but we are an outlier I think. We did have that many decisions go against us and we did start the season with a lot of inexperience. We go into this one with a clean slate but much more experience. 

I think we are going to be a surprise package this year. I wouldn’t say playoffs is the measure of a good season, it’s far too soon for that and we have to allow for the youth to grow. But I think we have a feel good factor, we could hit the ground running, and I wouldn’t want anyone else in charge. COYR! 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just in case anyone panics or gets fooled...

This one is a little more convincing fake account wise than some of the false Fabs but false it remains!

Literally one letter different in the @ name.

Christ, what's the add on? He walks on the moon!?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

State of play that we know of seems to be us holding out for our price and clubs- most notably Wolves given their frequency of bidding- seeking to low-ball us.

No sign of Scott discontent although who knows if there is behind the scenes.

I think Scott would be desperate to move to Wolves as it’s his golden ticket and who could blame him. 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, FabledRobin said:

The ex-journo, argyle fan on twitter that’s usually spot on with regard City… 

https://twitter.com/stevorobins/status/1681745210395570177?s=46&t=F0OZq7l0PyCFTyu7PikCsg

What's he been spot on with out of interest? Never heard of him and his recent tweets suggest he knows nothing more than the rest of us.

What I do agree with him is that a deal WORTH £25m could be acceptable to City. I've never thought, nor have I heard, City saying the £25m has to be up front or even guaranteed. 

So for example £22m plus a few mill in realistic add ons could be acceptable.

Things are quiet and I think that means things are progressing behind closed doors.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FabledRobin said:

https://twitter.com/stevorobins/status/1681745210395570177?s=46&t=F0OZq7l0PyCFTyu7PikCsg

From recent tweet it seems he just rehashes what other people have said quickly after it’s been said. Cant see him breaking any stories. Could be me just hoping he’s wrong but I don’t think this is saying anything we don’t already know. 

Edited by George Rs

35 minutes ago, FabledRobin said:

He’s a re-hasher as others have said.  He’s been caught by the fake Percy by the looks of it!

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

12 months ago I got laughed at for suggesting Newcastle should sign him. One year on I still don’t get why they aren’t. 

If one of the laughers was Eddie Howe, that’s why ???

FWIW it would be great if went there.  They’d love him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

12 months ago I got laughed at for suggesting Newcastle should sign him. One year on I still don’t get why they aren’t. 

Because they are looking to stay within FFP. Which is pissing off Eddie Howe who seems to think it's terribly unfair. Bizarrely, he said it's a new factor in his job as if he had never heard of it before. 

In any event having signed Tonali their midfield is sorted.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Because they are looking to stay within FFP. Which is pissing off Eddie Howe who seems to think it's terribly unfair. Bizarrely, he said it's a new factor in his job as if he had never heard of it before. 

That’s a good reason! 

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Having been Bournemouth boss, it’s no wonder he’s puzzled by abiding by the rules. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

28 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I'm good friends with a geordie who follows their scouting very closely. They were certainly keen on Scott in the early part of this year. But after Champions League qualification, they simply have much bigger fish to fry. 

I think, naturally, we overstate Scott's position in the pecking order a little.

Wolves is a very good move for him. Game time, top coach, and an established, biggish Premier League Club that will likely stay up.

At this stage in his career, he isn't going to get any better than that. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Now the backing is virtually unlimited, getting a bit big for the boots.

They'll be wanting a super league next.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I was writing an article for Off The Line Blog last night, and asked for my 3 promoted and 3 relegated side.  Obviously window has 6 weeks left, so lots can change.  But I did Leicester (up), Wednesday (down) and then really struggled.

Southampton I know little about.  Leeds, I’m not convinced….yet, Ampadu and some more like that might change my mind.

At the bottom, other than Wednesday, Cardiff???

Gonna be about 15 “mid-table” teams ?

I’m interested why you think that Wednesday will go down. To be honest I haven’t taken much interest in the club but with a big fan base, and hence income, there should be the possibility of making some signings before the window closes. At the moment it seems to be players leaving and nobody coming in, but there is still time 

27 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Now the backing is virtually unlimited, getting a bit big for the boots.

They'll be wanting a super league next.

I reckon Howe assumed he would get unlimited money to spend and is miffed that the owners are not giving him it.

Of course a few lucrative sponsorship deals with Saudi companies that have no connection with the Saudi state, (honest guv, here's a letter from Mohammed Bin Salman to prove it).Then Eddie gets his stash and all is well.?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I reckon Howe assumed he would get unlimited money to spend and is miffed that the owners are not giving him it.

Of course a few lucrative sponsorship deals with Saudi companies that have no connection with the Saudi state, (honest guv, here's a letter from Mohammed Bin Salman to prove it).Then Eddie gets his stash and all is well.?

He'd have to be a moron to assume that considering FFP exists...

• Like 1