IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree to an extent although he had some things to say about it in 2015. He didn't exactly defend it but there's a link somewhere in the thread.

Pearson e.g. otoh, would not willingly break FFP, would take ownership and almost seems to spend the clubs money as if its his own. Having fair thst it us rare but "I don't believe in collecting players" or "Won't sign a player for sake of it" and similar.. that's very rare, refreshing, careful and focusing on the wider health of the club in a way that a lot of managers may not.

Agree on a lot of what you say about Howe though, certain players there have been transformed in his time.

In defense of thay, you won't find many managers or ceo's in agreement about ffp and its current model, so its not unique to howe,

But it's a good point

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree to an extent although he had some things to say about it in 2015. He didn't exactly defend it but there's a link somewhere in the thread.

Pearson e.g. otoh, would not willingly break FFP, would take ownership and almost seems to spend the clubs money as if its his own. Having fair thst it us rare but "I don't believe in collecting players" or "Won't sign a player for sake of it" and similar.. that's very rare, refreshing, careful and focusing on the wider health of the club in a way that a lot of managers may not.

Agree on a lot of what you say about Howe though, certain players there have been transformed in his time.

But Pearson's Leicester team did break the FFP rules in exactly the same era?

In kind of Scott related news, we've completed the signing of Kerkez now which was crucial as we didn't have a left back in the squad, Kelly being a CB really and both LBs from last season having left. It could be we break cover on a new bid now that is completed. Looks like it's in the hands of Wolves though.

3 minutes ago, Kirsikka said:

Maybe he's changed then. I'll keep an open mind but he was stressing FFP for a while here in a way that not that many managers do.

When he was at Leicester wage bill appeared to be falling from what he inherited but I'd have to look at the seasons in question. Not fast enough clearly granted. In Bournemouth's partial defence their wage bill would not have been top end of the Championship in the year of promotion.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

7 minutes ago, Kirsikka said:

Back then it was different rules and the policing of FFP was more keystone cops than law and order.

Also, and crucially, we have an owner who seems determined to keep the club clear of breaching FFP. Once the impact of LJ and MA's time became clear I'm guessing that SL would have made clear to Gould and Pearson the constraints under which they had to operate to pull us back from the financial brink, as far as FFP is concerned.

After having his fingers burned, so to speak, by Ashton, I wonder if SL has been keeping a closer eye on things?

• Like 1

A page on the Wolves forum is quite interesting, read for yourselves not copy and paste as that is multiple posts.

One says we are playing a stupid game of chicken with Wolves..wonder if this will drag late into the summer window.

Supposedly we are mucking them around, any insight or thoughts?

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/summer-2023-transfer-window-thread.710210/page-408

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A page on the Wolves forum is quite interesting, read for yourselves not copy and paste as that is multiple posts.

One says we are playing a stupid game of chicken with Wolves..wonder if this will drag late into the summer window.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/summer-2023-transfer-window-thread.710210/page-408

We are not mucking anybody about. They know what the minimum requirement is but they're playing silly bu**ers with their inept bids.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Haven’t read it but mucking them around ?. Typical prem club arrogance because we aren’t bowing down to them.

I would suggest they’re mucking us around with these pointless offers. The starting price is 25m so stop “mucking us around” and pay it or F off and find someone else.

Either pay the asking price or dont if they pull out now we aren’t gonna cry and say we should have taken 18 or 20.

We keep him for another 2 seasons.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

I don't see that we are messing anyone around, the price is and has always been £25M.

The January comment about us 'moving the goalposts' is news to us and we haven't been 'hawking Scotty around to everyone', we want to keep him.

How dare we turn down any offer from a Premier league team, naughty us.

To our Wolves visitors, the truth is you won't pay what we are asking, your issue, not ours ?.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Haven’t read it but mucking them around ?. Typical prem club arrogance because we aren’t bowing down to them.

I would suggest they’re mucking us around with these pointless offers. The starting price is 25m so stop “mucking us around” and pay it or F off and find someone else.

Either pay the asking price or dont if they pull out now we aren’t gonna cry and say we should have taken 18 or 20.

We keep him for another 2 seasons.

In other words.......shit or get off the pot !

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thoughts? 

A "game of chicken" sounds like they incorrectly assume we are desperate for the cash - Right at the moment FFP is a bigger issue for them than us. 

While selling Scott at the price we have quoted will stave off FFP worries for a few seasons (assuming we don't revert to Ashton/Johnson-ball) - it is not a be-all and end-all for our summer.

Do they expect us to lower our demand just because they are in the premier league or something? 

• Like 2

Wolves it is.

As per the Daily Telegraph, a fee of £25million plus £7m add-ons has been agreed with Scott expected to undergo his medical within the next 24 hours. a deal that will delight Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui after identifying Scott as a prime target.

Edited by algenon2007

Newcastle United & West Ham-linked midfielder set for medical ahead of £32m move | NewcastleWorld

"As per the Daily Telegraph, a fee of £25million plus £7m add-ons has been agreed with Scott expected to undergo his medical within the next 24 hours. a deal that will delight Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui after identifying Scott as a prime target"

Just now, Gosport_Red said:

Newcastle United & West Ham-linked midfielder set for medical ahead of £32m move | NewcastleWorld

"As per the Daily Telegraph, a fee of £25million plus £7m add-ons has been agreed with Scott expected to undergo his medical within the next 24 hours. a deal that will delight Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui after identifying Scott as a prime target"

Please tell me a media outlet didn't get duped by that fake tweet yesterday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Please tell me a media outlet didn't get duped by that fake tweet yesterday!

??? - Looks that way

I assume Newcastle World is the equivalent of our local rag

EDIT: Just to be clear there is no such article on the Telegraph website if you search - the last Alex Scott article say that Wolves will come back with an improved offer (on £18M I think)

Edited by cityal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, algenon2007 said:

Wolves it is.

As per the Daily Telegraph, a fee of £25million plus £7m add-ons has been agreed with Scott expected to undergo his medical within the next 24 hours. a deal that will delight Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui after identifying Scott as a prime target.

£32M?

Gotta be bullshit!