IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The people suggesting this have as much knowledge on the matter as I have. BCFC, Alex and his agent have all been incredibly professional and there has been no leak throughout - other than what has emerged, I suspect, from bidding clubs. Everything on social media is therefore pure speculation - or bollocks, as I prefer to call it. 

And Rudolf knows bollocks when he sees ‘em!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Looks like Wolves have moved a couple of players on, and also missed out on a couple of players that have gone elsewhere.

Suspect they’re running out of options, and Wolves fans appear to be running out of patience.

I’d expect an improved bid in the next 48 hours.

Although an alternative theory is that they are dangling the prospect of  move out there but not willing to hit £25m..seeing who blinks first etc..

Some Wolves fans seem convinced that they've put in a  bid that meets our requirements but where they're getting that from who knows.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Percy. Although a quoted Tweet, not a direct one.

Therefore this mythical third bid this summer that some Wolves fans bang on about may well not have occurred. Let alone one that meets our valuation.

From the bottom of the article

https://archive.is/2023.07.23-160849/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/23/fulham-transfer-news-marco-silva-saudi-raul-jimenez-wolves/

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Percy. Although a quoted Tweet, not a direct one.

Therefore this mythical third bid this summer that some Wolves fans bang on about may well not have occurred. Let alone one that meets our valuation.

From the bottom of the article

https://archive.is/2023.07.23-160849/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/23/fulham-transfer-news-marco-silva-saudi-raul-jimenez-wolves/

Fake news I think. Nothing on his official twitter.

Long thread so might have been suggested before, but I'm a little surprised that the idea of a, say, £35M bid for Scott and Conway hasn't really surfaced on the speculation treadmill. Taking the pair of them would IMO probably improve the chances of them both making the step up successfully. I know that would be a fair chunk of change, but would represent value to my mind. 

Alex is always referencing Tommy whenever he appears on camera which suggests to me that having that support in his next move would really make a difference to him. I suspect the feeling is mutual. 

Tin hat on! Awaiting both barrels ?

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, sunningdalered said:

Long thread so might have been suggested before, but I'm a little surprised that the idea of a, say, £35M bid for Scott and Conway hasn't really surfaced on the speculation treadmill. Taking the pair of them would IMO probably improve the chances of them both making the step up successfully. I know that would be a fair chunk of change, but would represent value to my mind. 

Alex is always referencing Tommy whenever he appears on camera which suggests to me that having that support in his next move would really make a difference to him. I suspect the feeling is mutual. 

200.gif

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well yes, hardly a great leap to proclaim that he will be off to a richer or higher ranked club in PL if the correct offer arrives.

Question is, when, to whom and if so will we get our preferred price.

Yes, I know it’s kinda stating the obvious anyway.

53 minutes ago, sunningdalered said:

They could share a flat.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2023 at 19:01, Son of Fred said:

Who thinks we can finish top two ?

OK then....

I do.

Ever since our glory days up to 1980, I have looked forward to the start of a new season. Like so many, I have thought that we'd be going up but knew some of that was based on wishful, loyal thinking.

However, this close season has been different. We finished well and have bought wisely. 

NP has a backroom staff he wants. There seems to be a genuine bond of trust between players.

If Bournemouth can get to the Premier League not once but twice and Luton Town can haul themselves out of the National League to the top tier, then I have every right to believe we can. I just think this is the season for us to do it....

And please, nobody is allowed to remind me of this post until after the 10th game at least!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

The only problem I have with the top 2 dream is the whacking great odds against.

We are doing a lot right and more still can go right if we get less injuries and a fairer crack from officials but once you boil down Parachute v Non Parachute sides in the last 8 seasons who have finished in the top 2 we have a mountain to climb.

The last side to finish top 2 without Parachute Payments was the superb Leeds side of Bielsa in 2019-20.

Midtable to playoff hopefuls is one thing, midtable to top two contenders is well.

Checked really quickly:

10/16..across 56 sides with Parachute Payments across the piece.

6/16..across 136 without.

10/56=17.857%

6/136=4.41%

Or about 4.05 times more likely.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought you wanted us to keep our assets to get promoted?  Playoffs is only a 1 in 4 chance. ???

How do you know this season is harder?

Who are your top 2 then?

The Championship is hard every year.

Leicester and Southampton are looking better than any other team. We have Norwich, West Brom, Watford, Leeds United. They are rich, higher salaries, they can attract better players. 

5 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Leicester and Southampton are looking better than any other team. We have Norwich, West Brom, Watford, Leeds United. They are rich, higher salaries, they can attract better players. 

Not West Brom no. Financial problems.

Hard to say what's happening with Norwich and Watford they are maybe cutting cloth a bit and in Watford's case are they a bit rudderless?

Southampton have yet to sell players but sell they surely will and I don't especially rate Martin.

Leicester look excellent yes, but no guarantees and more trading still to do. Leeds have had a fairly disjointed pre-season with the takeover dragging. Think they too, well think they'd have been a bit better served by Corberan.

I don't believe in our top two chances particularly but some of these may appear stronger than they are in reality.

6 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Those final 4 you list, I think you’re basing this on club size and reputation.  Norwich are in the free transfer market, West Brom haven’t recruited anyone (yet), Watford free transfers (£50k for Ince).  As for Leeds, thoughts of their Director of Football having a £100m from player sales to reinvest, have been dashed as they have moved on loan, not for fees.  There are some serious it worried fans.

You maybe right about Leicester and Southampton, but still got several players who might get picked off by PL teams.

• Like 1

If a move is imminent then why play him in pre-season friendlies?

Risking a £25m asset in games that don't mean much at all to the future of Scott. For us too, in a sense if a move is imminent why play him in games in which we will soon have to replace.

I don't doubt that a move could be imminent and a leaving out wouldn't be borne out if petulance or anything but trying to think of the economic or even team building rationale for playing him in Behind Closed Doors Pre-season friendlies in that context.

• Like 8

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Risking a £25m asset in games that don't mean much at all to the future of Scott. For us too, in a sense if a move is imminent why play him in games in which we will soon have to replace.

I don't doubt that a move could be imminent and a leaving out wouldn't be borne out if petulance or anything but trying to rhink or the economic or even team building rationale for playing him in Behind Closed Doors pre season friendlies in that context.

I assumed we were making a statement. ‘This is our asking price, we are more than happy to keep him, pay in full or don’t have him.’

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't doubt that a move could be imminent and a leaving out wouldn't be borne out if petulance or anything but trying to rhink or the economic or even team building rationale for playing him in Behind Closed Doors pre season friendlies in that context.

Exactly this. If anything was even remotely close he wouldn’t of been playing yesterday.

• Like 5