IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Some joker on Twitter now thinks Wolves are gonna put a loan offer in for Alex. This would add credence to the stuff about them not being able to afford our price I guess.

I was going to make a joke about us only accepting that if they loaned one of their best players instead but then realised I'm not sure I can think of a Wolves player I'd prefer us to have over Scott (not saying they don't obviously better players than us - I just can't think of an example of the right player in the right position that I'd rather we signed). 

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

That isn't much, they never met our valuation so didn't get anywhere, the discussion was over in seconds - hardly warrants 135 pages of discussion

Just a shame so many have ran click bait stories on the back of it

Give it a rest. No interest in the thread, **** off the thread, easy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

That isn't much, they never met our valuation so didn't get anywhere, the discussion was over in seconds - hardly warrants 135 pages of discussion

Just a shame so many have ran click bait stories on the back of it

Could follow this thinking/format for the match thread as well - a single post: We lost 2 - 1, see you next week all.

Why bother with a forum at all!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Admin
5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Could follow this thinking/format for the match thread as well - a single post: We lost 2 - 1, see you next week all.

Or going to games, just wait till May and look at the final table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Some joker on Twitter now thinks Wolves are gonna put a loan offer in for Alex. This would add credence to the stuff about them not being able to afford our price I guess.

Some may joke but just by theory could be something in it, wolves offer a loan with an obligation to buy next summer when they’re financially stronger, if we’re confident in our position to pass FFP for the next time round then we agree, because of this we insist on more being guaranteed rather than on clauses or a higher % of profit for next sale for being accommodating. This then also pushes the Scott money over an extra season for FFP if we wanted to smooth it over 4/5 seasons to help our financial situation. 

it’s not as bonkers as it would seem on the face of it but can’t see City going for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Some may joke but just by theory could be something in it, wolves offer a loan with an obligation to buy next summer when they’re financially stronger, if we’re confident in our position to pass FFP for the next time round then we agree, because of this we insist on more being guaranteed rather than on clauses or a higher % of profit for next sale for being accommodating. This then also pushes the Scott money over an extra season for FFP if we wanted to smooth it over 4/5 seasons to help our financial situation. 

it’s not as bonkers as it would seem on the face of it but can’t see City going for it. 

Theory ✅

Practice ⛔

FWIW if Wolves offered City a loan with a “definite” (unconditional) obligation to buy, then they’d have to include the whole fee from now, not next summer, so wouldn’t help their FFP at all.

image.thumb.png.2bef446cce303f7c9b7d3416d8a4101f.png

FWIW part 2 - City want a good sum as an upfront payment as that stops SL having to fund us.

A few years ago Fulham did similar with Harry Wilson, but the difference was Fulham’s signing after the loan was conditional on promotion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Theory ✅

Practice ⛔

FWIW if Wolves offered City a loan with a “definite” (unconditional) obligation to buy, then they’d have to include the whole fee from now, not next summer, so wouldn’t help their FFP at all.

FWIW part 2 - City want a good sum as an upfront payment as that stops SL having to fund us.

A few years ago Fulham did similar with Harry Wilson, but the difference was Fulham’s signing after the loan was conditional on promotion.

Depends if it’s a FFP issue or cash issue at wolves? And tbh I’m not sure which it is, if it’s cash, payments could be modified? Not overly sure if City mind if it’s a lot upfront or spread as long as the guaranteed money is still high 

I'd say a report in The Athletic makes it less likely Wolves meet £25m fee any time soon.

Seen it suggested thst they lost £80m in 2022-23. Oof they'll be badly hamstrung if true.

Need to improve their position by £71m by my maths just to get level never mind new signings. Shockingly that £80m loss would include the disposal of Gibbs White and Deconcker so the underlying loss must be mega.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd say a report in The Athletic makes it less likely Wolves meet £25m fee any time soon.

Seen it suggested thst they lost £80m in 2022-23. Oof they'll be badly hamstrung if true.

Need to improve their position by £71m by my maths just to get level never mind new signings. Shockingly that £80m loss would include the disposal of Gibbs White and Deconcker so the underlying loss must be mega.

Lopetegui said recently that they switched from plan A to plan B but now they can't afford plan B either!

They are looking to sell players he wants to keep. Even if they matched our valuation I doubt they can pay the amount we want up front.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, James54De said:

Give it a rest. No interest in the thread, **** off the thread, easy. 

Sadly because of people like you swearing it means "we" get reports made and have to read posts from all types of input

1 hour ago, James54De said:

Frequent unintelligible posts from certain posters. 

The irony is never missed on some, luckily we have many posters we can rely on to add so much to the fourm

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

The point was, so many people are commenting on something that isn't progressing.

I'd assume a matchday thread etc has fact and substance to it?

I’m hoping Scott starts the season with us at least now. 

The issue will be, who in the Premier League and for that matter German and even Italian, French and Spanish leagues needs to spend some money. 

The end of the transfer window is a way off yet. If the kid starts well and we look decent for the few weeks after the first game then any number of things may happen. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is the tweet:

Even Wolves fans giving him pelters for it. The reason it’s an “exclusive” is it appears to be total, unadulterated, bollocks

That is fantasy football levels there,

For a start why would Scott go there without a payrise and no guarantee he would be there at the end of the season,

It doesn't get around the fact that wolves can't afford him currently, in fact that transfer would make things worse in terms of ffp,

What if the player going the other way doesn't want too?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

The point was, so many people are commenting on something that isn't progressing.

I'd assume a matchday thread etc has fact and substance to it?

Errr...isn't the point of a forum is that people comment?

And it may have escaped your notice, but there's no match days, so not much to talk about, so...

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Looks like he'll at least start the season with us, but I still think he'll end up leaving this summer. 

When those domino effects start happening from premier league transfers, eventually a team will be left needing a centre mid to replace. Obviously we're quite low down the chain, so will probably be nearer the end of the transfer window.

Of course could argue that Scott is good enough to "jump the queue" in terms of the normal pecking order, but doesn't seem to have really materialised yet other than Bournemouth and Wolves, who seemingly don't want to spend £25m.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Depends if it’s a FFP issue or cash issue at wolves? And tbh I’m not sure which it is, if it’s cash, payments could be modified? Not overly sure if City mind if it’s a lot upfront or spread as long as the guaranteed money is still high 

We won’t want a deferred initial payment regardless of the fee.  As we allegedly saw with Semenyo, Bournemouth were happy to pay 1) a bigger fee and 2) more as the first payment.

If Wolves want Scott, 1) pay the necessary fee and 2) payment terms that suit us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Theory ✅

Practice ⛔

Reckon Real London could be top 6 this year 

• Haha 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Errr...isn't the point of a forum is that people comment?

And it may have escaped your notice, but there's no match days, so not much to talk about, so...

I could have sworn we played twice this midweek alone? 

2 hours ago, johnbytheriver said:

Bring back the electric jokes! you don't need to be a bright spark ! to understand the current situation. He ain't going nowhere!

What on Earth did you have to go and do that for? You should be charged with a felony. Shocking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Behind a pay wall ?

Non paywalled version:

https://archive.li/GnvSL

The key bit:

Lopetegui’s No 1 target this summer is Bristol City’s Alex Scott, although the club failed with a second offer of £20 million plus add-ons this month. Negotiations between the two clubs were amicable and professional, and there was even a sense at Wolves that a deal could be done – until now.
At the moment, that move is on ice until Wolves can clear more players and wages off the books.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

It would have to be totally guaranteed to even stop the laughter for me.

Imagine Wolves went down? We would have a player that has experienced the Prem, with only 1 year left on his contract so Wolves wriggle out of the £25M fee and bid £6 or 7M as he is OOC in 12 months.

I wouldn't even consider this unless Scotty has signed a new longer deal with us.

It would be financial suicide IMHO.

Edited by Ska Junkie