IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

38 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We are 140 pages in now and for me 3 things have become clear:

1) City don't want to sell (hence the hardball) 

2) The sit down price before we consider a sale is £25M and nothing less will do (hence the hardball) 

3) Quite a few on here would have happily sold their brand new still in the box Corgi James Bond Aston Martin for a winning conker and 2 everlasting gob stoppers. 

Seems great until someone meets our valuation on the last day with no time to replace him. A la Webster

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps both will be accurate.

Wolves will make a third and final offer but it will fall short of £25m  Or they may offer a loan to buy or a lower fee plus part exchange.

https://www.molineux.news/transfer-news/my-information-is-journalist-says-wolves-set-to-make-final-bid-for-25m-gem-this-week/

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

That won't happen for 2 reasons. Either:

1) we won't sell because there's not enough time to finalise the details of the deal (£25M is the sit down and talk price not the selling price) 

2)  we've already got a replacement agreed. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

To begin with I thought Alex could do better than Wolves, and I still believe he can. However for us I'm starting to think Wolves may be a great move as if they get relegated then after a season of impressing in the Premier League he may quickly get another move back to the Premier League which will see us get a sell on fee. 

Unfortunately, this wouldn’t be the ideal situation for us. 

A sell-on fee % is based on any PROFIT of any transfer fee. A relegation would limit the likelihood of profit being made. 

We need to ensure that this deal is the best possible, not only for the immediate finances, but to also insure that we are benefiting in the future too. 

To begin with I thought Alex could do better than Wolves, and I still believe he can. However for us I'm starting to think Wolves may be a great move as if they get relegated then after a season of impressing in the Premier League he may quickly get another move back to the Premier League which will see us get a sell on fee. 

A sell-on fee % is based on any PROFIT of any transfer fee. A relegation would limit the likelihood of profit being made. 

We need to ensure that this deal is the best possible, not only for the immediate finances, but to also insure that we are benefiting in the future too. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Seems great until someone meets our valuation on the last day with no time to replace him. A la Webster

We are in a position  to say no or he will only move if we sign a replacement first,

As he has 2 years left, we hold the cards

I'm sure clubs will continue to try to lowball a bit. It's not an uncommon tactic especially if the player isn't playing in the PL or one of a few other top clubs or divisions in Europe.

Seems to be a certain confidence among a few on Bournemouth forum that they can negotiate downwards.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

39 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Understood 

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And we've come full circle, for what must be at least the tenth time in the thread.

Someone mention Brighton again to get us going.

Or “I’m surprised that West Ham aren’t interested”..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And we've come full circle, for what must be at least the tenth time in the thread.

Someone mention Brighton again to get us going.

Brighton may well put a bid in when the sell that 100m midfielder 

He's electric 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Or “I’m surprised that West Ham aren’t interested”..

There's a power struggle going on at West Ham. They keep being linked with multiple players but don't seem to be actually bidding for any.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/29/west-ham-transfer-power-struggle-david-moyes-tim-steidten

• Like 1

Apart from wanting game time does anyone have anything concrete on Alex/his camps position.

Might have learnt from the hundreds of players who grasp at the chance for premier league football at the first opportunity just to not be ready. 

Think another year in the championship would allow him to consolidate the parts of his game we already knows he’s brilliant at whilst working on his attacking output now that we have a much improved defence behind him.

All speculation obviously but I can’t see him going before the Preston game. And the longer teams wait after that the less likely we are to sell as finding a replacement will be that much more difficult. 

2 hours ago, Red said:

MacAnthony is a wily expert in the selling market and he is very correct in his assessment of Scott and his transfer to a Premier League club. As long as we treat him fairly on the salary and team selection part of his time here, that is all we can do. 

20 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Apart from wanting game time does anyone have anything concrete on Alex/his camps position.

Might have learnt from the hundreds of players who grasp at the chance for premier league football at the first opportunity just to not be ready. 

Think another year in the championship would allow him to consolidate the parts of his game we already knows he’s brilliant at whilst working on his attacking output now that we have a much improved defence behind him.

All speculation obviously but I can’t see him going before the Preston game. And the longer teams wait after that the less likely we are to sell as finding a replacement will be that much more difficult. 

It seems to me that with the Knight signing we have so far played Scott in a more advanced role and its enabled Scott to be more of a threat in front of goal. I also think it's something he's been working hard on. 

If he starts the season well and gets a few goals then that may see a bit more interest. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It seems to me that with the Knight signing we have so far played Scott in a more advanced role and its enabled Scott to be more of a threat in front of goal. I also think it's something he's been working hard on. 

If he starts the season well and gets a few goals then that may see a bit more interest. 

Yep, he could’ve easily scores 5-6 goals this pre-season so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep, he could’ve easily scores 5-6 goals this pre-season so far.

I've always felt as if the criticism for a lack of goals and assists was a bit unjust. 

Could he and should he have scored a few more? Yea but that wasn't really his role in the team. 

He was the guy that assisted the assistor. What he did at Preston away in the build up to our goal was special. He created that goal yet the stats don't show that.

But it does seem as tho Alex has taken on board the criticism about lack of goals and it seems to be determined to prove people wrong.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Key quote from the Wolves link is ‘£25m is a huge sum in the clubs current predicament’: which begs the questions, why should a buying club’s ‘predicament’ have any bearing at all on the price of a player a club really doesn’t want to sell, and why should a player be enthusiastic about joining a club with a ‘predicament’. But then Brum was the ‘workshop of the world’, so ‘appen the know something about business strategy that appears lost on me.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A scenario is that I'm seeing on a few other places is that clubs may try and lever the price down as the window gets closer. Time will tell but I don't think any buying clubs yet see him as being worth £25m.

They might not see him as worth £25m, but if they really want him it's what we think he's worth that really counts.

• Like 1