IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

Another 12mil spent about to be spent by Bournemouth this transfer window.

Their expenditures on transfer fees so far amount to €69mil as per TransferMarkt:

FF331CD8-5862-4AF3-9A43-0C3DA2A1D6CE.thumb.png.5478103a05ea7dbdabbb9fd01a446251.png

In addition they spent around €56mil in January on additions. In total so far in the last 6 months they’ve spent just over €125mil according to TransferMarkt. This incoming signing taking it to €137mil + addons.

In all honestly, have no real clue of Bournemouth’s financial standing but to me that seems a hefty amount for one of the smaller clubs in the prem.

FWIW I’d hedge bets that they might not be willing to spend another 25mil without any outgoings. This could be why the rumours about talks keep springing up?

For example, maybe they are looking to pay a very small amount upfront but 20-25mil over time? 

All speculation, but hopefully this could dissuade them enough from alex and we get to keep him (for now).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Bournemouth have reached a deal to sign Castrovalli from Fiorentina, after a quick google search he is a midfielder player in a similar mould to Scott so it looks though they have moved on??

That’s the most significant development on this thread for a while. The reports were that Bournemouth thought Scott was overpriced and they’ve signed an Italian international who plays in the same position for approximately half our price. Seemingly come out of left field as well. That indicates maybe working on both deals and potentially, with this deal over the line they may move on. From Alex’s POV, it also makes him less likely to be a starter. 

I’m cautiously welcoming this news.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, cheese said:

I'd be quite happy to finish top - or win the play-offs, but stay in the Championship.

.....  .with one season's worth of sky premier league TV money and also parachute payments! :)

46 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I suspect - based on a hunch rather than me knowing anything whatsoever - that the plan has always been to get one more CB in but we are waiting to see what happens with Scott in order to see what the budget is before deciding whether we want to spend a fee on a League One or Two player with future potential or to get an out of contract defender who can do a job for the season. At the same time, I wonder if Araoye is giving the club pause for thought on that score.

You’re probably right & certainly hope you are. Whilst saying Araoye had done well got the impression that NP thought the step up would be too great at this stage  &  a loan might be better for his development.  Just my interpretation though so probably wrong 

Can't be sure if this will impact our alleged move for Scott but it sounds like we're about to complete a deal for Gaetano Castrovilli from Fiorentina for £12m. It's fair to say we needed to bring in two central midfielders this summer so we might still be interested in Scott even if that goes through. Or, it could be they've decided the price is too high and started moving on to other targets.

Don't rule us out entirely but it does now mean there's only one space left. Plus, a lot less available in the transfer budget.

Edit: Looks like you already had this covered! Except maybe for the part which said there are two free places in our CM.

Edited by Kirsikka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

You’re probably right & certainly hope you are. Whilst saying Araoye had done well got the impression that NP thought the step up would be too great at this stage  &  a loan might be better for his development.  Just my interpretation though so probably wrong 

Difficult one with Araoye. Nige often likes to keep players close to the 1st team around the club so their development can be better managed. Knight-Lebel is also in this bracket. One could be loaned out, but not both. I suspect however they will be the centre back pairing in the U21s. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

1 hour ago, Kirsikka said:

Can't be sure if this will impact our alleged move for Scott but it sounds like we're about to complete a deal for Gaetano Castrovilli from Fiorentina for £12m. It's fair to say we needed to bring in two central midfielders this summer so we might still be interested in Scott even if that goes through. Or, it could be they've decided the price is too high and started moving on to other targets.

Don't rule us out entirely but it does now mean there's only one space left. Plus, a lot less available in the transfer budget.

Edit: Looks like you already had this covered! Except maybe for the part which said there are two free places in our CM.

I've seen a few Fiorentina games this season and Castrovilli is quite similar, tho in my view, nowhere near as good as Scott. Castrovilli was very good a few seasons ago, but less so the last couple. 

This doesn't significantly impact your pursuit of Scott imo. 

Scott has a knock ???? will eat my hat if he’s in the squad Saturday or ever again ( really hope I’m wrong though ) 

so if he is genuinely injured that’s 3 players missing from the first game ( 5  if you count the 2 long term casualties)hope we’re not gonna have another one of those seasons 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Supposedly according to a thread I dip in and out of, Scott verbally agreed to join Wolves but whether they can make the fee numbers work, well who knows.

Is this a plausible scenario? At which stage would we grant permission for a club to talk to Scott?

You would presume at the start they would come to us and say "We want to sign Alex Scott can we have permission to talk to him" and then after they've got interest from scott they come back and then negotiations over price happen.

10 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

You would presume at the start they would come to us and say "We want to sign Alex Scott can we have permission to talk to him" and then after they've got interest from scott they come back and then negotiations over price happen.

Fair. Would make sense.

Perhaps I'm looking at it a slightly old fashioned way.

Bid> Fee Acceptable to Selling Club> Fee Accepted> Discuss and surely agree Personal Terms with Buying Club> Medical with Buying Club> New Signing Announced by Buying Club.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

I think it’s a done deal . Protecting the asset , injury is a smoke screen. In talks announced over the weekend !

Nothing to base that on !

Will be interesting to see if any whispers start circulating tomorrow. [No, not Roy D'Alien!]