IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Disappointed but tbh it was to be expected. There aren't many on here who at the end of last season said "that's the last time we'll see him in a City shirt". Other than a few friendly appearances this pre-season, they were right.

It's going to end up being our biggest fee received eventually (probably), and if he doesn't make the future England squads, I'd be amazed.

He's  great player, has his head screwed on, and didn't kick up a stink when other players in his position could, and have done so.

Good luck to him, I really hope he goes on to have a fantastic career no matter where he goes in the future. Can't fault the lad, you really can't. Bournemouth have a real gem on their hands.

Alex Scott today joined AFC Bournemouth for an undisclosed Bristol City club record fee

The statement says it is a record fee, not it maybe

What a building we would be building if, (even just going back a few seasons) we could have hung on to the likes of Brownhill, Webster, Kelly, Fammy, Smith, Morrell, A Semenyo, Alex Scott and others but no we ALWAYS sell our best under the pretex of building a promo challenging squad.

Well where is it that squad we are building? be sure any outstanding player this season will also be hovered up by anyone who wants to pass us by as we continously circle around this div. Sad Arrested Development GIF

1 minute ago, wtf said:

What a building we would be building if, (even just going back a few seasons) we could have hung on to the likes of Brownhill, Webster, Kelly, Fammy, Smith, Morrell, A Semenyo, Alex Scott and others but no we ALWAYS sell our best under the pretex of building a promo challenging squad.

Awkward No Way GIF

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, wtf said:

Well where is it that squad we are building? be sure any outstanding player this season will also be hovered up by anyone who wants to pass us by as we continously circle around this div. Sad Arrested Development GIF

This is life for a lot of Championship clubs. Especially non Parachute ones, it's a big challenge.

Hopefully this is it and we can be more choosy from here. I am disappointed like the rest of us..

Some of it was to finance further transactions ie the sell-on players and reinvest, oh you in some ways can add Eliasson with his double figures for assists in 2019-20 despite not starting every week, the FFP with Semenyo and to an extent Flint, Bryan Reid (honourable mention to Magnússon given some of his games in the period we were excellent). Tactically I mean he was useful.

Just now, RedEyez said:

Feels like a death in the family

? Come on I’m gutted but seriously?

Anyway another dull season proceeds unless we add a couple of players. Players that will hit the ground running and improve us now.

Footballs shit ain’t it……….

• Like 1

My personal thought on all this is … as much as it annoys me that he’s gone.. I under the deal..

but… 

this all reminds me how mad it is that Bournemouth Brentford and especially Brighton have kicked on in the way they have 

I know we are a “2 city team” but how have we not got it right once in the last however many years 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Not Banksy said:

My personal thought on all this is … as much as it annoys me that he’s gone.. I under the deal..

but… 

this all reminds me how mad it is that Bournemouth Brentford and especially Brighton have kicked on in the way they have 

I know we are a “2 city team” but how have we not got it right once in the last however many years 

Because we have never put the right footballing people in the right jobs to run the club.

We've only just started to do this and are unfortunately still footing the bill for previous employees running of the club.

• Flames 6

46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think it is more like rising to £25m with add-ons included.

The closest that we will get to finding out will be when we see the annual accounts for 2023-24...could be November 2024, could be Spring 2025.

If we are lucky, post Balance Sheet transactions in the 2022-23 may also reflect. Won't be hard to work backwards..they could appear in Autumn 2023 ie October/November or Spring 2024.

What was the original fee for Webster ? 
I read the Scott thing the same as you, £25m including the add ons. But stated as a record fee I started to wonder.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

but… 

Brighton are a similar sized club to be fair, the other two are tiny.

This transfer really hurts 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wtf said:

I alwaysgo to this place when this happens...

If only for one season it would all 'click' beautifully 

5 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

but… 

I don’t count manor farm as rivals 

8 minutes ago, Jose said:

? Come on I’m gutted but seriously?

Anyway another dull season proceeds unless we add a couple of players. Players that will hit the ground running and improve us now.

Footballs shit ain’t it……….

Nah was taking the piss tbh ? sad though 

• Haha 1