IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

Just watched his first interview at Bournemouth. He is very grounded for a 19 year old and genuinely surprised by how far he has come in the last 3 years.

He is very complimentary when it comes to Bristol City and how he will always be grateful for the opportunities that he was given by the club.

Clearly excited by the prospect of playing in the Premier League, and describes it as every kids dream. It’s almost like he can’t believe it himself having been disillusioned with football after being released by Southampton and totally lacking self belief.

It’s a credit to him that he remains humble despite the fact that he is clearly a very talented footballer.

He is top class all round and deserves every success in the future.

Pleased he extended his contract to ensure that we benefited well financially from his departure. 

We’re definitely more financially solid now and the next few years shouldn’t be as frustrating as the previous few.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Just watched his first interview at Bournemouth. He is very grounded for a 19 year old and genuinely surprised by how far he has come in the last 3 years.

He is very complimentary when it comes to Bristol City and how he will always be grateful for the opportunities that he was given by the club.

Clearly excited by the prospect of playing in the Premier League, and describes it as every kids dream. It’s almost like he can’t believe it himself having been disillusioned with football after being released by Southampton and totally lacking self belief.

It’s a credit to him that he remains humble despite the fact that he is clearly a very talented footballer.

Pleased he extended his contract to ensure that we benefited well financially from his departure. 

We’re definitely more financially solid now and the next few years shouldn’t be as frustrating as the previous few.

Really sound and switched on lad. I don’t think I’ve been this gutted since Scott Murray left for Reading. That’s football though, and until we finally get to the Prem, this will be life unfortunately. People may be mad about SL selling Alex, however, as you can see from that interview, he wanted the move (and who can blame him). 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I said to someone who used to post on OTIB a while back, that SL is a bit of a Football Club Model Magpie….ooh, ooh, shiny object….Brighton Model, then Brentford model…looks like he now has Luton’s model in his sights!!

There’s absolutely nothing wrong on modeling success. It would never be an exact copy of another but an adaptation. 
I am delighted if he is following the examples of those clubs you can mention. ( excepting that Brentford ditched their academy so not exactly the same model) .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ha. It triggers me a bit too :). But it's definitely not as triggering as 'draw' when the poster means 'drawer'. Get me though, because for my first 45 years (at least), I thought 'remuneration' was 'renumeration'. In other words, I'm not best placed to point out spelling mistakes, or grammatical errors, as I barely get by myself

So you get your draws in a knot. 
:laughcont:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ha. It triggers me a bit too :). But it's definitely not as triggering as 'draw' when the poster means 'drawer'. Get me though, because for my first 45 years (at least), I thought 'remuneration' was 'renumeration'. In other words, I'm not best placed to point out spelling mistakes, or grammatical errors, as I barely get by myself

I know what you mean.  My problem is with full stops.  ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think remuneration is something to do with large formations of starlings.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Anyone worried that none of these reports mention a sell-on clause? Lots of £20m, rising to £25m with add ons, but haven’t actually seen a sell-on clause mentioned yet…

Someone reassure me. ?

Not really. A sell on is likely to be something like 20% of the profit Bournemouth make on any future sale. So if they sold for £50m we get 20% of £25m, which is £5m. 

Now that's not chump change of course, and if it's in the deal then great, but it's also no longer the sort of sum that makes or breaks our finances. 

The numbers above are assumed of course, and any one of them could be wrong, but personally I don't think we'd be too stressed about it.

The counter is I guess "well Rice went for £100m" and 20% of £75m profit is £15m, and that would change our finances for a season, but that's not guaranteed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not really. A sell on is likely to be something like 20% of the profit Bournemouth make on any future sale. So if they sold for £50m we get 20% of £25m, which is £5m. 

Now that's not chump change of course, and if it's in the deal then great, but it's also no longer the sort of sum that makes or breaks our finances. 

The numbers above are assumed of course, and any one of them could be wrong, but personally I don't think we'd be too stressed about it.

The counter is I guess "well Rice went for £100m" and 20% of £75m profit is £15m, and that would change our finances for a season, but that's not guaranteed.

My thinking was more like 15 percent however 20 percent would be even better.

39 minutes ago, beaverface said:

WHAT !! Me too, this has just messed with my mind. I was certain it was renumeration !!!

image.png.d2756d1d6caa7bf0f8335b7c2d1d8ca1.png

Renumeration. almost like re-numbering (in my head at least). therefore numbers linked to payments/numbers. no? 

I don't know what to believe anymore. It's Friday and my brain wasn't prepared for this today

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Renumeration. almost like re-numbering (in my head at least). therefore numbers linked to payments/numbers. no? 

I don't know what to believe anymore. It's Friday and my brain wasn't prepared for this today

You're thinking too sensibly - that was how I rationalised it too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

The root of remunerate is latin, meaning (roughly) "to give back"

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Anyone worried that none of these reports mention a sell-on clause? Lots of £20m, rising to £25m with add ons, but haven’t actually seen a sell-on clause mentioned yet…

Someone reassure me. ?

No, sell ons are standard for us now. Lansdown said this years ago

3 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/interviews/the-first-interview-alex-scott/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Scott out injured for a few months apparently. Guess that also pushed us to sell now!

Just seen that too

His value was only going downwards in that case as would have only had a couple of months gametime before Jan and at that point, the contract would have become an issue.

We’ve done well to get the deal we’ve got in the circumstances.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Iraola says Scott is out for a couple of months.

Yep, just watched that.

Can't help feeling that caused us to push the sell button a bit.

A couple of months, can easily turn into longer. He certainly wouldn't have been available for Millwall tomorrow (like NP said he probably would of).

Sounds like it was a good time for all parties to get a deal done. For me, the Scott saga has been a bit of an unnecessary saga this summer. 

Luckily we have another 3 weeks to address any perceived areas of improvement in the team now.

• Like 5