IGNORED

A good night for Scotland

Jerseybean

Think he enjoyed it. Scotland hero Scott McTominay has been reacting to a career-defining performance.

"We did really, really well," he said on Viaplay. "We knew they'd have lots of the ball, and the manager said be clinical when we had the opportunities, and I thought we had enough opportunities tonight to really hurt them and score some goals.

"As a kid, I was an attacking midfielder - I like to get in the box. I've got to keep doing that, I know I can add more goals and assists to my game.

"Everyone was at it, diving around, making the game slow. It's difficult, but sometimes that's the way it's got to be. When you're winning you've got to do stuff like that. Look at this place - I've never seen anything like it, incredible.

"The manager said this is our chance to create legacies as Scotland players and these are the nights in 20, 30 years that people remember. We can't thank the fans enough."

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt Jim White will be crowing tomorrow on TalkSport……………:disapointed2se:

The fact that Spain put out an under strength side will be lost on him.

Doesn't matter does it?  It's a competitive international in a strong qualifying group.   A result that means their qualification is in jeopardy because both Georgia and Norway aren't exactly shit.  It is the sort of thing the half witted Southgate critics want to see him do - stick a 2nd string side out to give them experience.  Well, this is what happens when you don't take a half decent side seriously.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

Scotland actually seem to have been turning the corner a bit in recent years.

That's wins or ultimate victories v Denmark and Spain at home plus won in Serbia on penalties.

Denmark and Serbia underachieved at the WC IMO given their qualifying and non WC form for 18 months to 2 years before and that's by the by but notable results for Scotland all of them.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's wins or ultimate victories v Denmark and Spain at home plus won in Serbia on penalties.

Denmark and Serbia underachieved at the WC IMO given their qualifying and non WC form for 18 months to 2 years before and that's by the by but notable results for Scotland all of them.

About time the Jocks showed something that resembled a half decent international team, they have been abysmal for absolutely years.
To have only qualified for one major tournament in the last 11 is absolutely horrendous. Yes Scotland is a country of only 4 million, but so is Croatia.. The Scots should be doing much better than they have been IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Got a decent set of Players at good ages and a very astute manager. Reminds me of Craig Brown who was similarly wily.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

No doubt Jim White will be crowing tomorrow on TalkSport……………:disapointed2se:

The fact that Spain put out an under strength side will be lost on him.

It seems we are constantly being told that the reason that teams like Spain are so much better than others, is because they can change all 11 players and still give most countries a game. 

Perhaps this is still true and Scotland actually put in a great performance, I am sure Talksport will let you know.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Does anyone know how to find an individual players stats from this game please? 

BET365 paid out on John Mcginn having a shot on target then an hour later took the winnings back saying OPTA stats said he didn't have any 

I thought he had two?? 

FotMob (uses Statsbomb not OPTA) says he had 1 shot and it was off target. Woodwork apparently.

Screenshot_20230329-124356.png

Edited by ExiledAjax