IGNORED

Everton could go bust if relegated

SecretSam

On the plus side, it always helps to have other Championship teams with big points deductions!

17 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

What about their new stadium?

There’s a link in the article to another about the ground. It suggests that it’s already some way behind schedule, meaning that it won’t even be ready for the 24-25 season. I guess that in the event of them going broke it all depends on so many things: how they go broke, whether they get bailed out, how etc etc. 

You'd expect that there would be a buyer for a club/brand of Everton's size. If Derby, Oldham, and other basket case clubs can find buyers then I'm sure Everton could as well. So I'd expect them to ultimately avoid liquidation.

Fivethirtyeight currently give them a 40% chance of being relegated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

On the plus side, it always helps to have other Championship teams with big points deductions!

There’s a link in the article to another about the ground. It suggests that it’s already some way behind schedule, meaning that it won’t even be ready for the 24-25 season. I guess that in the event of them going broke it all depends on so many things: how they go broke, whether they get bailed out, how etc etc. 

I just double checked and the article I read said "in the 24/25 season" . I read a while ago that it would be ready during the season so I imagine it's not too far off. Meeting a mate later who has been involved a little , I'll ask.

As a Club they could be up shit Creek , but Moshiri is worth £3billion, and as @ExiledAjax says , they are a high profile Club I doubt there would be a shortage of interest. In fact I understand Moshiri has just stumped up another £70M , I don't see it being a problem long term. They go down , sell Goodison and a lot of players even if it takes a couple of years they will be back. The fans will stick with them ,and  if Moshiri does they will probably go back stronger. Even if he sells the new owners would have to be ambitious. 
One things for sure, the Club needs shaking up, and probably dumping Kenwright. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I just double checked and the article I read said "in the 24/25 season" . I read a while ago that it would be ready during the season so I imagine it's not too far off. Meeting a mate later who has been involved a little , I'll ask.

As a Club they could be up shit Creek , but Moshiri is worth £3billion, and as @ExiledAjax says , they are a high profile Club I doubt there would be a shortage of interest. In fact I understand Moshiri has just stumped up another £70M , I don't see it being a problem long term. They go down , sell Goodison and a lot of players even if it takes a couple of years they will be back. The fans will stick with them ,and  if Moshiri does they will probably go back stronger. Even if he sells the new owners would have to be ambitious. 
One things for sure, the Club needs shaking up, and probably dumping Kenwright. 

Yes, sorry, you’re right. Won’t be ready for the start of the 24-25 season was what I should have said. Although changing grounds mid season is neither common nor easy. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Yes, sorry, you’re right. Won’t be ready for the start of the 24-25 season was what I should have said. Although changing grounds mid season is neither common nor easy. 

Gives them a chance to do the proper test events I guess. Spurs played a few games at Wembley at the start of the Season before moving I seem to remember. 

Edited by 1960maaan

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

You'd expect that there would be a buyer for a club/brand of Everton's size. If Derby, Oldham, and other basket case clubs can find buyers then I'm sure Everton could as well. So I'd expect them to ultimately avoid liquidation.

Fivethirtyeight currently give them a 40% chance of being relegated.

Not sure how they have come to that 40%, any idea?

They aren't currently in the relegation zone, one win could move them up to 12th, everyone from 12th down seems to be involved in the relegation battle, so my basic math is that is a 33.3% if all teams were equal (which they are not) so should be less than that.

22 minutes ago, Pezo said:

They aren't currently in the relegation zone, one win could move them up to 12th, everyone from 12th down seems to be involved in the relegation battle, so my basic math is that is a 33.3% if all teams were equal (which they are not) so should be less than that.

Probably because they've not got an easy fixture list. Man Utd, Man City etc and a few relegation 6 pointers.

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/methodology/how-our-club-soccer-predictions-work/

Fivethirtyeight use their SPI ratings to estimate the most likely outcomes of all remaining matches. Then convert it into a % chance.

They're pretty accurate, and obviously get more accurate as the season progresses. The biggest weakness is accounting for managerial changes, but if teams stay consistent then fivethirtyeight tend to get stuff pretty accurate. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2