IGNORED

very heavy rail disruption if your heading to the gate for Reading

Now sitting on the Swansea train which has been diverted via Temple Meads. Ironically, having come from Oxford and caught up with several delayed trains I might get to Bristol early. We are now moving, but apparently Chippenham has sunk

Screenshot_20230401_112410_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6d3a417948d4e28419375db7268ae250.jpg

If you haven't nominated yet for your fan of the year, give one of us train w⚓️s a thought?

• Like 2

This happened exactly the same time in January for the 4-2 Birmingham game - 11am and all trains from London cancelled for the foreseeable next 2-3 hours due to flooding. Me and 3 other randoms at the station pitched in for a cab all the way but within 30 minutes while we were on route one of the trains ran to BTM anyway. Staff get stressed and no one knows anything but the situation changes every 5 minutes I think their default position is to cancel it all to scare off passengers and then see if they can run a service for the stragglers.

• Like 1

Yes Rob. On that day we were diverted via Gloucester. On the plus side I got my money back via DelayRepay. In fact due to a couple of admin errors I got £95 back on a £40 ticket. ?

... currently stuck somewhere in Wiltshire waiting for the track to clear. "We'll be here for ten minutes," said the train manager half an hour ago.

Edited by CiderJar
  • Sad 1