IGNORED

Refereeing team , how bad ?

1960maaan

I might be being unfair and if I could see it all back they could have been right, but ...

The linesman Lansdown side seemed to be miles behind play all day. The chance Vyner headed clear the guy looked yards offside and the same for Mehmetti  in the 2nd half, looked yards off.
Bu the worst incident was when we were braking, the Ref pulled it back for our offside kick and I think that was from a goalkick.
Mehmetti could have been sent off but he seemed to bottle that one and Carol's clear elbow on Pring was just ignored, though he saw enough to give a freekick.

Suited the game I guess as Reading were the worst side I've seen this year.

• Like 5

The offside for them was incredible, he was several yards offside.

The standard is so poor but he’s not a great ref at all, he’s the clown who managed to miss Norwood’s assault on Joe Williams.

Thought he was terrible on clamping down on time wasting, deliberately taking throws, free kicks from the wrong place.

Poor.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I might be being unfair and if I could see it all back they could have been right, but ...

The linesman Lansdown side seemed to be miles behind play all day. The chance Vyner headed clear the guy looked yards offside and the same for Mehmetti  in the 2nd half, looked yards off.
Bu the worst incident was when we were braking, the Ref pulled it back for our offside kick and I think that was from a goalkick.
Mehmetti could have been sent off but he seemed to bottle that one and Carol's clear elbow on Pring was just ignored, though he saw enough to give a freekick.

In fairness they said the same about us in October about how bad we were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

The offside for them was incredible, he was several yards offside.

The standard is so poor but he’s not a great ref at all, he’s the clown who managed to miss Norwood’s assault on Joe Williams.

Thought he was terrible on clamping down on time wasting, deliberately taking throws, free kicks from the wrong place.

Poor.

Like I said on another thread any one with a scaffolders tattoo refereeing would make me think 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness they said the same about us in October about how bad we were.

They were right 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Everyone around me could see that the Reading player was literally yards off side and the linesman was indeed miles behind the play. I’ve watched highlights and he was definitely way ahead of the last defender.

Plus……. the referee was both fussy and inconsistent - close to becoming another Kieth Stroud or Trevor Kettle

Nige was right when he complained about the standard of the officiating.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re Carroll’s elbow….I’d say Pring headed his elbow.  The question is however, was Carroll’s elbow raised dangerously or to protect him.  And even if it’s to protect him, is that ok?

I think I have a similar angle to you, but I thought that Carol aimed the elbow. I thought it was dangerous and I'd love to know the Refs thoughts as he deemed it a foul. Be interesting to see, if they put the full game up.

Didn't add enough time on, blew too early for the offside when we were breaking in on goal, but I'm grateful for the fact that he was sensible with Mehmeti late on, when he could have showed him a second yellow for a foul by a pull back. I worried for a second, but the ref showed some common sense in my opinion.

Not great, but not anywhere near the worst ref this season.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1