IGNORED

Matty James

BCFCGav

Anyone heard anything? Looked pretty bad yesterday the way he pulled up, immediately held his hamstring (?), then signalled to the bench. Assuming he’s back on the sidelines, along with Scott, Kal and Williams, that leaves us with King, Taylor-Clarke, hopes and prayers as our midfield for the Easter weekend! 

19 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Anyone heard anything? Looked pretty bad yesterday the way he pulled up, immediately held his hamstring (?), then signalled to the bench. Assuming he’s back on the sidelines, along with Scott, Kal and Williams, that leaves us with King, Taylor-Clarke, hopes and prayers as our midfield for the Easter weekend! 

Far tougher game on Friday than Stoke's league position suggests so we could do with James tbh. They have not only been winning games but obliterating teams.....in some games recently they have been having mid-twenties to thirty shots.

I am guessing their fans opinions of Alex Neil have changed in the last few weeks then?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/alex-neil-branded-worst-stoke-city-manager-since-relegation-as-some-fans-demand-sacking-4033854

Sounds like he has changed his approach since his Preston days.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Alex Neil in January with quite obviously a talented but hugely under-performing squad:

image.thumb.jpeg.e6405213dba549b6137f4f9677acf712.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1d79262d0fcc083cc1ae9d9429f1e5fc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c928b81fb773dab812c58afcece92a14.jpeg

They’ve clicked and look like a top 6 side in recent weeks.

Brilliant business done by them & they’re flying 

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Thought James and King were superb yesterday. Controlled the midfield and won the ball back repeatedly 

James really is a top player.

King has hugely exceeded expectations this season after such an injury hit first one last time.

At 34 he has 100% availability this season & whilst not always getting on the pitch has been in the match day squad 38 times.

Yesterday he played one first time no look over the top pass out to wide left that was just sublime, to be that technically good is incredible.

I would hope we wouldn’t need to rely on him as much as we have had to do recently, but offering him another year seems a no brainer to me.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

James really is a top player.

King has hugely exceeded expectations this season after such an injury hit first one last time.

At 34 he has 100% availability this season & whilst not always getting on the pitch has been in the match day squad 38 times.

Yesterday he played one first time no look over the top pass out to wide left that was just sublime, to be that technically good is incredible.

I would hope we wouldn’t need to rely on him as much as we have had to do recently, but offering him another year seems a no brainer to me.

Class wasn’t it? If it was Scott who played it, it be clipped on twitter by now.

Id like to see him do more of it. I understand his lack of pace means he usually plays a safe ball, but he’s got the ability to do more.

• Like 1