IGNORED

Man of the Match v Stoke

bcfc01

For me, notable mention for Jay Dasilva, but it has to be Andy King.

As soon as he came on, the game changed in our favour.

OTC will learn from that game, and I believe he has a big future with us and I really like him as a player, but he needed to go off injury or not. 

Really impressive from King today.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

For me, notable mention for Jay Dasilva, but it has to be Andy King.

As soon as he came on, the game changed in our favour.

OTC will learn from that game, and I believe he has a big future with us and I really like him as a player, but he needed to go off injury or not. 

Really impressive from King today.

I think it just showed his value as a squad player.

Today we were without Scott, Naismith & Williams in midfield, all of whom would have featured if fit, plus Sykes was suspended.

In those circumstances to have someone of King’s experience to call upon was invaluable, especially as Taylor-Clarke was struggling to get in to the game before his injury.

I would not be at all surprised to see King offered another year, he might not feature as often as this season but he’s a very useful option to have if required.

• Like 5

It was a big turn around, first 20 mins I thought Stoke were going to steam roller us, they were first to every ball, looked a yard faster and we couldn't keep possession, but we certainly grew into the game.

As an aside, man of the match award for the 1200+ City supporters, we outsang Stoke for the entire 95 mins.

• Like 4
  • Robin 3

Incredible to think at the start of the season O’Leary, Tanner, Vyner and Pring were some way off to be considered as regulars.

O’Leary was expected to go off on loan, Vyner was surplus and fans were surprised he was still here and even close to the first team squad, Pring was out in the cold and Tanner was behind both Sykes and Wilson for the right wing back position. 

With half our team out injured for a good part of the season and being a small squad 13th is a good return in my opinion. Have we had a fully fit squad at any point this season? Most teams would struggle with at least 5 regular starters out. I was expecting some big beatings with our current back four.

Pearson doesn’t moan about injuries or do shit your pants signings like Johnson or his predecessors would have done. 

If we can keep the squad fit, with a few quality additions, next season could be interesting.

• Like 6
  • Robin 2

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Dasilva for me.  Think he was the momentum changer, showing composure on the ball that others gained from.  He seemed to be able to kick the ball further than 20 yards today too.

The limited highlights I have seen yes Dasilva for me as well. The second half though was a true team effort, everything seems to be clicking with NPs long term strategy and you can now see the players do play to their full potential when the circumstances are right.

The individual performances are getting better. There is pressure off now that we have reached the 50 plus point mark and I think we will see some great individual performances over the last matches this season and more importantly some great team performances as well. 

60 plus points is now achievable, and this season is turning out to be a great positive. The away support I have seen on various sites makes me proud to be a city supporter seeing the enjoyment and celebrations on fans when travelling away on City wins. Those images remind me of the 1st division days and the comradery when thousands of us would have travelled away.

COYRedsssss

• Like 1

First 15 minutes apart everyone was 7+. That first spell Stoke looked like they were a team on a great run, but slowly we worked our way into the game and no ones performance dropped . That said I thought Zak was great, Bell not only a threat around their box but won important tackles in defence, Max willingness to come for crosses makes a massive difference, but for me Jay was MotM. I thought it was one of his best performances for us. Held the ball and was progressive with it, kept possession but always looked forward, which he doesn't always do. We know he is one of the best technically and yesterday it showed, how many nutmegs ?? If his delivery improved a new contract would not be a question.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Dasilva for me.  Think he was the momentum changer, showing composure on the ball that others gained from.  He seemed to be able to kick the ball further than 20 yards today too.

I think that your flip chart presentation will reveal that in the first half his GPS Rangefinder, in golfing terms, wasn't working properly. His final pass was either wayward or 20 yards too long. A software update at halftime made him much better!

I liked his forward runs. Jay had skill and class on display today.

9 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

It was a big turn around, first 20 mins I thought Stoke were going to steam roller us, they were first to every ball, looked a yard faster and we couldn't keep possession, but we certainly grew into the game.

As an aside, man of the match award for the 1200+ City supporters, we outsang Stoke for the entire 95 mins.

Agree with all , no doubt the Stoke supporters will be on about the lack of atmosphere at there ground the poor acoustics blah blah blah all the things city fans say ,

hope this puts it to bed 90% of away fans will always out sing the home fans it’s what it is ,  

Boro on Monday for a start , unless we’re 3 up in the first 10 mins ?

• Like 1