IGNORED

Vulnerable players - who might NP try and offload?

Searles

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Ooo what does the * next to Academy for Edwards mean in your spreadsheet Dave?

It’s a bit of a vague (inconsistent too) one Grifty, more a pointer / note that they maybe signed into the academy post 16 having been at other clubs. Edwards had been at Newport for example. 

50 minutes ago, BCFCOFSWEDEN said:

If we want to come to Premier League or at least the Play offs next year, we cant have Vyner in the starting eleven.

I know some of you hates me for saying this but its the truth.

I also know that he has made his best season ever, but…….

I tend to agree, we should be striving to improve everywhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I reckon Kane Wilson will be on his way this summer, don't see JD staying with any new offer 

That would be bonkers.

This is a guy who lit up L2 - player of the season and his only fault was to get injured. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for him to be off loaded when he hasn't even begun his career at City and only played a few minutes. He didn't just get bad. We were all so delighted with his signing and little has changed. Whilst we have such a small squad surely he is not just there to make up the numbers. Sykes looked suspect until he had a run in the team and now, imo, looks every bit the Championship player.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, BCFCOFSWEDEN said:

If we want to come to Premier League or at least the Play offs next year, we cant have Vyner in the starting eleven.

One I have followed since 2015 in under 23's.

Every sane City fan and Pearson would agree that he's had a very good season. Much as I agree, I have some doubts that he will be able to significantly improve again next season. With Kalas possibly going, an injured Atkinson, who is also still quite inexperienced at this level, I don't want to see Naismith at centre back.

Therefore I believe we will bring in at least two centre backs and maybe two full backs, right and left.

And probably a more consistent, solid midfielder to replace Williams and/or Scott.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

That would be bonkers.

This is a guy who lit up L2 - player of the season and his only fault was to get injured. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for him to be off loaded when he hasn't even begun his career at City and only played a few minutes. He didn't just get bad. We were all so delighted with his signing and little has changed. Whilst we have such a small squad surely he is not just there to make up the numbers. Sykes looked suspect until he had a run in the team and now, imo, looks every bit the Championship player.

Depends on his attitude, we know NP likes to test players with spells out of the squad if they are not meeting his expectations - the question is whether Wilson is a Tanner, Pring Atkinson type or a Bakinson.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

One I have followed since 2015 in under 23's.

Every sane City fan and Pearson would agree that he's had a very good season. Much as I agree, I have some doubts that he will be able to significantly improve again next season. With Kalas possibly going, an injured Atkinson, who is also still quite inexperienced at this level, I don't want to see Naismith at centre back.

Therefore I believe we will bring in at least two centre backs and maybe two full backs, right and left.

And probably a more consistent, solid midfielder to replace Williams and/or Scott.

We need at least 2 cbs assuming Kalas goes and Atkinson isn’t fully ready for the start of the season. Also can’t rely on Williams and Scott may be off.

14 hours ago, BCFCOFSWEDEN said:

I agree with you. 

Yes he's had a better season to previous ones, but as you rightly point out, if we want to be improving he isn't a first pick CB imo. 

Versatile as can play both RB and RCB. 

Tanner, Kalas and Atkinson are far better in those positions imo. 

If Kalas was to go and we didn't replace with similar quality, I wouldn't trust a CB partnership of Vyner and Atkinson to kick us on. 

Losing Baker was bad enough...if Kalas was to leave as well, and we didn't replace with similar, then it would be very naïve imo. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

That would be bonkers.

The possibility I can see is that he was signed with a back 3 in mind.

This shift of formation maybe makes him surplus, otherwise I fully agree. He needs to get fully beyond doubt actual and match fit and get a proper chance.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hxj said:

Idehen is an interesting one - he's captained the u21s in the last 6 matches or so - not sure I would do that if he is not on the proverbial bus.

It could be that he's at the bus stop seeing if it will stop ...

Could it be that he has been given some responsibility to try to prove himself after his falling out earlier in the season (thought I read on here he gave it a bit of Billy big gonads early season).

Grow up or go elsewhere ?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree with you. 

Yes he's had a better season to previous ones, but as you rightly point out, if we want to be improving he isn't a first pick CB imo. 

Versatile as can play both RB and RCB. 

Tanner, Kalas and Atkinson are far better in those positions imo. 

If Kalas was to go and we didn't replace with similar quality, I wouldn't trust a CB partnership of Vyner and Atkinson to kick us on. 

Losing Baker was bad enough...if Kalas was to leave as well, and we didn't replace with similar, then it would be very naïve imo. 

I agree. Not sure if he signed them but I suspect Pearson is looking for no nonsense centre halves in the Huth / Morgan mould.

• Thanks 1