IGNORED

Sheffield United v Cardiff

CliftonCliff

Anyone watching this? Poor game, from what I’ve seen of it. Not much quality on show from either side. You’d expect Cardiff to be underwhelming, but SU look very ordinary. Not the first time this season I’ve seen them and thought they are over-achieving. On this evidence, I would fancy us to give them something to think about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Anyone watching this? Poor game, from what I’ve seen of it. Not much quality on show from either side. You’d expect Cardiff to be underwhelming, but SU look very ordinary. Not the first time this season I’ve seen them and thought they are over-achieving. On this evidence, I would fancy us to give them something to think about.

I do find posts like this amusing. They are 2nd in the league. They are far from ordinary.

It is a poor game and the Blades have been distinctly average in this one so far. Take away their Man City loanees and it would be worse. Chris Basham is a big miss for them but hopefully Sheff Utd can find form anf smash in 3 or 4 in the 2nd half. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

6 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

1 minute ago, Super said:

I do find posts like this amusing. They are 2nd in the league. They are far from ordinary.

It’s odd because they’re not, but I do agree whenever I’ve seen them I’ve thought how on earth are they where they are(?) it just goes to show pretty/fast football isn’t the be all and end all.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

Just now, Super said:

You may be right , but they were shite at the gate , thought we absolutely bossed the game , 

both managers thought so aswell .

they are the championship bullies but get away with it 

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

You may be right , but they were shite at the gate , thought we absolutely bossed the game , 

You don't get away with it over a 46 game season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

It’s odd because they’re not, but I do agree whenever I’ve seen them I’ve thought how on earth are they where they are(?) it just goes to show pretty/fast football isn’t the be all and end all.

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

Kind of the points I was trying to make. I have even seen a few comments from their own fans expressing surprise at their league position. Having said that, I have just watched them score a very well taken goal… 2-1

29 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It is a poor game and the Blades have been distinctly average in this one so far. Take away their Man City loanees and it would be worse. Chris Basham is a big miss for them but hopefully Sheff Utd can find form anf smash in 3 or 4 in the 2nd half. 

Sheff U are mostly a 1-0 side..........so 2 goals from them would be/is heady stuff

Edited by maxjak

38 minutes ago, Super said:

They have undoubtedly found a way of getting good results but that’s the kindest thing you can say.

4-1 now, by the way Kion Etete of Cardiff, he makes Bas Savage look like Van Basten, absolute stranger to the ball, just a tall bloke who runs around, shocking player.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

They have undoubtedly found a way of getting good results but that’s the kindest thing you can say.

4-1 now, by the way Kion Etete of Cardiff, he makes Bas Savage look like Van Basten, absolute stranger to the ball, just a tall bloke who runs around, shocking player.

Van Basten and Bas Savage in the same sentence, is one thing I didn’t think I would ever hear/read ??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Agree with you. They don't play the best style but they are effective for sure hence why they are going up.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I do, on the whole, agree with those who say league tables don’t lie, especially over a 46 game season, but SU are a win-ugly, grind out results sort of team who often rely pretty heavily on a strong element of physicality to get them through games. If they finish second and go up, fair play to them, but I can’t say I’d relish watching them every week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I do, on the whole, agree with those who say league tables don’t lie, especially over a 46 game season, but SU are a win-ugly, grind out results sort of team who often rely pretty heavily on a strong element of physicality to get them through games. If they finish second and go up, fair play to them, but I can’t say I’d relish watching them every week.

If they had had as many yellow and red cards as the average team gets they would have struggled for players.

• Like 1