IGNORED

Sam Bell…

BCFC1512

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

to the fans almost crying that Pearson had thrown them under the bus I say Uncle Nige knows what he is doing!!

Some fans just can’t wait to jump on Nige.  Even in Tuesday’s post-match interview he explained his thoughts and actually said how good they’d been across the season….but that’s ignored.  Repeated that again today.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 6

Another solid 90 + minutes. His ability to go outside the FB at pace is a real and continued threat. Always available and always tracks back. Probably could do with being more involved, but I think that will come. Possibly needs to build up as a physical presence , but again something to work on. I've heard some teams are very interested in him, I can see why.

• Like 1

It used to annoy me last season when people were banging on about giving Sam Bell more games because what I saw of him suggested he was nowhere near league 1 football let alone Championship. 

Its amazing how he has come on, you can see that confidence and sharpness improving all the time. Tinman said last season was it that in a couple of seasons time Bell and Conway sill be leading the line for City first team....never doubt Tins....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some fans just can’t wait to jump on Nige.  Even in Tuesday’s post-match interview he explained his thoughts and actually said how good they’d been across the season….but that’s ignored.  Repeated that again today.

Indeed.

Contrast the club pre-match interview, which I watched and in which, in my opinion, he answered reasonable questions fairly, politely and as openly as he was able, to the RB interview (which I didn’t listen to) where, apparently, he was rude and abrupt.

If I understood correctly, however, he praised all his young players, including the two who came in for some criticism on Tuesday, and was certainly not going to let a brief cameo appearance colour his judgement, but nor was he going to get involved in a lengthy argument in a pre match radio interview - I’m sure he had more pressing and important things on his mind.

29 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It used to annoy me last season when people were banging on about giving Sam Bell more games because what I saw of him suggested he was nowhere near league 1 football let alone Championship. 

Its amazing how he has come on, you can see that confidence and sharpness improving all the time. Tinman said last season was it that in a couple of seasons time Bell and Conway sill be leading the line for City first team....never doubt Tins....

The beauty of Academy and first team being on a single site.

The beauty of not having a chockablock first team squad that means that academy players not only don’t play, but don’t get to train with the players they are aspiring to be like…if only to understand the levels and professionalism required.

I couldn’t believe Benarous got first team football as early as he did, and although his first 20 mins v Barnsley was not very good, his next games showed he was able to fit in.

Bell has done similar.

OTC too…jeez he was at Yate Town earlier this season.

I’m all for trying to stay balanced and open minded on are youngsters, but maybe we are generally creating better players and quicker…than we’ve ever done before.

That also means no disgrace in not making here either, just means they haven’t quite reached what we need.

It’s great really.

6 Academy starters today.  Most clubs can only dream of that…across a whole season, let alone one game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The bloke who writes as a fan in the Evening Post being one of the biggest culprits too.

• Like 1