IGNORED

EFL Green Club of the Year

Jerseybean

8 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A really positive award for a, lot of hard work. Interesting that Forest Green didn't make the shortlist

Apparently they don't enter as they know they would win it. they also believe travelling to London for an awards ceremony isn't exactly eco friendly or what they stand for. They have a point.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Apparently they don't enter as they know they would win it. they also believe travelling to London for an awards ceremony isn't exactly eco friendly or what they stand for. They have a point.

They also can’t be rewarded for continuation of what they do, IMO. It’s about who has made the biggest strides to becoming green. 

• Like 2

A slightly misleading title.

Bristol City are the first club to achieve the accreditation since EFL Green Clubs launched, while Forest Green Rovers, widely acknowledged as the greenest club in football, have also held the standard since the launch of the scheme.   

So FGR were accredited at launch, but we're the first club to earn it since then.

Anyway, it's all good stuff. We bash the Club for enough that we should all recognise something positive and well done as well.

I just wish some of this innovative thinking of and leadership could be allowed to affect other areas.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We seem to be very good at winning lots of things off the pitch while being utterly terrible at ever winning anything on it.

For me the poison chalice is the "Fair Play" award, generally won by the team too weak and ineffectual to put in the crunching tackles and physical presence in the box and so finishing towards the bottom of the table.

I think we won it under Danny Wilson but that could be my putting two and two together and making five.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

For me the poison chalice is the "Fair Play" award, generally won by the team too weak and ineffectual to put in the crunching tackles and physical presence in the box and so finishing towards the bottom of the table.

I think we won it under Danny Wilson but that could be my putting two and two together and making five.

It does have the vibe of an end-of-season youth team award for the "nice kid who shows up every week and tries his best"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

A slightly misleading title.

Bristol City are the first club to achieve the accreditation since EFL Green Clubs launched, while Forest Green Rovers, widely acknowledged as the greenest club in football, have also held the standard since the launch of the scheme.   

So FGR were accredited at launch, but we're the first club to earn it since then.

Anyway, it's all good stuff. We bash the Club for enough that we should all recognise something positive and well done as well.

I just wish some of this innovative thinking of and leadership could be allowed to affect other areas.

Well, maybe they are already involved in the retail side. Decided that souvenirs are likely throwaway and shirts are just one-season wonders, neither of which reflect sound green policy. So instruction was don’t stock the former and design and construct the shirts so badly no one wants to buy them.

This stroke of genius set us apart from ‘the field’ and the fact we’ve now decided not to have an away shirt and will play in ‘skins’ clinched the award for us. Brilliant, utterly brilliant. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Didn't the Fair Play winners of the Prem get a place in Europe at one point?

• Like 1