IGNORED

At their peak season in the championship for us...who was better ?

The Humble Realist

At their peak in a championship season with us who was the best ?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Congratulations to Alex Scott for both winning the young player of the year award and getting in the team of the season. 

Clearly destined for much greater things. However , seeing brownhill in there too and hearing steven Caulker on the under the cosh podcast made me think , who in a championship season for us has been the best (not necessarily gone onto be the best player). 

Caulker for me, dont think I've seen a player for us so obviously better than everyone else.

Looking at this list made me realise how lucky we have been in the last 15 years or so.

Edited by The Humble Realist
  • Like 2

Incredibly difficult to objectively compare such a variety of players and positions.

With that in mind I allow emotion to decide the difference. In that regard, for me, Adam Webster was different gravy. He was a player I loved watching. A rampaging Beckenbauer-esque Centre Back is just so enjoyable. He's the guy I most often find myself wistfully thinking of when I watch us. Loved him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Just imagine if we had kept our best players. Top half PL team easily. Not sure who is right back though..

The nature of it is probably every Championship team could compile a list of decent players across a decade.

In our case we were only one season from having Webster in our 17/18 team and that might have been a promotion side.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Just imagine if we had kept our best players. Top half PL team easily. Not sure who is right back though..

Although I’m not a major fan, Ayling has played RB for Leeds for nearly three seasons at the top level (less so this year) so I think it’d have to be him on an unbiased basis

Josh Brownhill and Adam Webster......every time.  They are both outstanding, and if we had them still in our side...................we would be top 6.   I cannot believe the low vote for Josh, he was probably the best midfielder in the Championship this season, as shown by his selection in the Championship team of the year?

Edited by maxjak

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Josh Brownhill and Adam Webster......every time.  They are both outstanding, and if we had them still in our side...................we would be top 6.   I cannot believe the low vote for Josh, he was probably the best midfielder in the Championship this season, as shown by his selection in the Championship team of the year?

Agree brownhill under rated during his time here althoguh poll based on season with us, not what they've gone onto become 

• Like 1

Players like Josh B, Webster and Tammy went on to bigger and better after Bristol City.

For that one season Marvin Elliot was an absolute beast, but didn't really hit that level afterwards.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Webster was an accomplished and experienced player and probably had the best and most consistent season of those listed.

Then it's Webster.

OP's question is "At their peak season in the championship for us...who was better?" So take each player's best individual season for us and compare them.

Scott's an incredible talent who will go on to great things but he's not had a single outstanding season with us that, in my opinion, compares to the seasons that Webster and Abraham had with us.

Personally if also add Weimann 2021/22 to that list. 23 goals in a pretty poor side. Certainly comparable to Tammy's year with us.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Heaton

Should also be in the conversation. Again, a single season that was simply outstanding.