IGNORED

Spurs: Newcastle Match Refund

One Team

I’ve just seen this from Spurs, refunding fans after their performance and result at Newcastle. 

It was awful, clearly, but surely watching a shit game and woeful performance now and then is part and parcel of supporting your team home and away. Isn’t that part of what makes the great games and great results great; that from time to time we endure absolute rubbish?

Certainly we’ve had enough woeful performances over the years, and I do recall refunds of CATS travel costs once or twice, but I’m not sure how this sits with me. 

Isn’t the better gesture from your team’s players is to apologise, move on and then put in a performance in the very next game?

11823CB6-96DC-417A-A6CA-3FC550A87314.jpeg

Edited by One Team

40 minutes ago, One Team said:

I’ve just seen this from Spurs, refunding fans after their performance and result at Newcastle. 

It was awful, clearly, but surely watching a shit game and woeful performance now and then is part and parcel of supporting your team home and away. Isn’t that part of what makes the great games and great results great; that from time to time we endure absolute rubbish?

Certainly we’ve had enough woeful performances over the years, and I do recall refunds of CATS travel costs once or twice, but I’m not sure how this sits with me. 

Isn’t the better gesture from your team’s players is to apologise, move on and then put in a performance in the very next game?

Think we are all due a few refunds over the years. Could pay off my mortgage!

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, One Team said:

Fans go to games full of hope, not expectations.

Might have been a more worthwhile gesture of the players said, 'You turned up, we didn't' our appearance fees will be donated to charity.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Still baffled by this, have to be honest.

They lost to a team in 4th, who are 6 points ahead of them. Yes, they lost by a fair bit, but should all players who are on side that lose to higher placed opposition weight in?

Most sides aren't 5-0 down after 21 minutes to be fair...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, One Team said:

Unless u watch  Man City...Arsenal...Newcastle or Burnley............this season?

I think communicated apologies from 'players' (the teams PR dept) doesn't exactly mean anything (i don't see it as a sincere form of apology from footballers).  I doubt that will motivate players to improve performances either.

Not sure a refund is the answer either though but at least its a tangible response to the fans that were there.  Can't see that motivating players to improve performances though given how much they make (i dont the refund costs really dent the wallets of the collective wages i would've thought).

On 25/04/2023 at 20:09, One Team said:

Agree, a bit patronising really, I'm sure the players mean well but they would be better saying that the squad is going to pay for all away travel for every game going forward as a proper gesture to away fans if they want to do something