IGNORED

Free Alex Scott Poster

W-S-M Seagull

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nige’s press conference today:

image.png

I remember reading something about we put Semenyo on a transfer market app? 

Maybe we'll do something similar with Scott? Something like we'd be willing to listen to offers for him at the right price? 

If I remember rightly this app gives both thr buying and selling club an indication of the value of the player? 

I honestly think one more year honing, sort of perfecting his game with us wouldn't be bad for him. Especially as we are progressing in the right direction, he could be playing in a still improving team next year perhaps with some interesting new additions too.

The problem is would he want that...one final year and then financially the last 12 months of a contract value or attainable fees start to really decelerate.

If we have been promoted it won't matter. ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That Nige hasn’t given up on him being here I guess?

Yes I sort of felt that too. But I feel it might be a bit of does he stay or does he go summer. Unless he decides to sign that new contract soon and puts the end to the speculation. 

Love to see him stay, we cannot keep selling our crown jewels if we really want too build a damn proper good team

COYR 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
No trams in Bristol
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes I sort of felt that too. But I feel it might be a bit of does he stay or does he go summer. Unless he decides to sign that new contract soon and puts the end to the speculation. 

Love to see him stay, we cannot keep selling our crown jewels if we really want too build a damn proper good team

COYR 

The way I look at it is, whilst I love Alex Scott, he is just one player. 

We had to sell Semenyo as he was never going to sign a new contract here. Had he of not got injured we'd have sold last summer and maybe got a little bit more. 

With 25 million+ (plus the money in the bank from Semenyo) we can drastically improve the team overall and give us the depth we lack. 

Unlike previous regimes I think we have a recruitment team that will spend any money wisely rather than pissing it up the wall. 

So I think on balance, whilst it's a shame we won't have a player of Scotts quality in our team, we will be able to add depth and quality throughout the team which will improve us. If Scott isn't going to sign a new contract then this summer is where we will get maximum value. I guess it could be argued that if he has a good season then even with 12 months left on his contract, his value could increase, but then there is also a risk he could pick up a serious injury.

Coventry got greedy with their valuation of O'hare when Burnley were making bids, he has now been injured for pretty much most of the season (and probably annoyed he wasn't sold) and now he only has 12 months left on his contract so is barely worth anything. Coventry lost out on a decent fee plus have had to pay his wages for the entire season and the costs associated with rehabilitation.

I'd rather just bank the money this summer for Scott. But I'd be absolutely delighted if he were to sign a new contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I honestly think one more year honing, sort of perfecting his game with us wouldn't be bad for him. Especially as we are progressing in the right direction, he could be playing in a still improving team next year perhaps with some interesting new additions too.

The problem is would he want that...one final year and then financially the last 12 months of a contract value or attainable fees start to really decelerate.

If we have been promoted it won't matter. ?

Definitely, especially if his then parent club could loan us a decent player to keep an eye on him.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We had to sell Semenyo as he was never going to sign a new contract here. Had he of not got injured we'd have sold last summer and maybe got a little bit more. 

With 25 million+ (plus the money in the bank from Semenyo) we can drastically improve the team overall and give us the depth we lack. 

Unlike previous regimes I think we have a recruitment team that will spend any money wisely rather than pissing it up the wall. 

So I think on balance, whilst it's a shame we won't have a player of Scotts quality in our team, we will be able to add depth and quality throughout the team which will improve us. If Scott isn't going to sign a new contract then this summer is where we will get maximum value. I guess it could be argued that if he has a good season then even with 12 months left on his contract, his value could increase, but then there is also a risk he could pick up a serious injury.

Coventry got greedy with their valuation of O'hare when Burnley were making bids, he has now been injured for pretty much most of the season (and probably annoyed he wasn't sold) and now he only has 12 months left on his contract so is barely worth anything. Coventry lost out on a decent fee plus have had to pay his wages for the entire season and the costs associated with rehabilitation.

I'd rather just bank the money this summer for Scott. But I'd be absolutely delighted if he were to sign a new contract.

I think the term 'money in the bank' should be taken with a large pinch of salt, maybe replace it with 'losses not as eye-wateringly high'.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think the term 'money in the bank' should be taken with a large pinch of salt, maybe replace it with 'losses not as eye-wateringly high'.

Steve Lansdown has always shown he is more than willing to cover any losses. Our issue is that despite that, FFP doesn't allow us to spend. Selling Alex Scott gives us significant wriggle room with FFP.

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Definitely, especially if his then parent club could loan us a decent player to keep an eye on him.  

Was thinking about this the other day. Albeit slightly differently.

Say Scott went to Liverpool for £25m and was kept there for his development, what thoughts on us pitching with evidence bring our recent excellent player development someone like Carvalho on loan. Separate transaction, all separately costed but he would get very regular game time here, we develop players well- or would a return to this level be seen as unlikely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was thinking about this the other day. Albeit slightly differently.

Say Scott went to Liverpool for £25m and was kept there for his development, what thoughts on us pitching with evidence bring our recent excellent player development someone like Carvalho on loan. Separate transaction, all separately costed but he would get very regular game time here, we develop players well- or would a return to this level be seen as unlikely.

Maybe.  The development of own academy evidenced by the impact our players are having in the pitch cannot be overstated.   There are so many wins and the beauty of it is that it becomes self sustaining.   We provide player that have a career in football (at city or elsewhere) so we attract better players who have a better chance of being a success.   

Getting the trust of a top side to nurture one of there own isn't something I'd thought about but what a coup if it happened.   I'd be happy with gaining enough trust to get a decent loan or two, and judging my Pearson's recent interviews I suspect he now feels the club's is in a position to take a couple.  

38 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Getting the trust of a top side to nurture one of there own isn't something I'd thought about but what a coup if it happened.  

I feel like this is an avenue we've been down before. We did had a great season working with Tammy Abraham and subsequently got JD and Palmer at 'development' age. For whatever reason, be that changes in personnel at Chelsea or City or post covid, that relationship seems to have died off. We also had a less than successful relationship with Liverpool and Ryan Kent, and then were unable to get Nketia from Arsenal. 

13 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes can't not agree with you there. But it all makes for an interesting summer ?

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril