IGNORED

Bristol City Ashton Gate film footage from1929

spudski

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....and other games from past years, some obscure. Scroll down. Enjoy. ?

https://cutt.ly/r5P53Zd

If the link to games doesn't work. Put Bristol City Football in the search bar on the site. 

I was definitely at one game. City v Rovers FA Cup Feb 15 1958. Rovers won with a late goal that many of us thought was offside.

During the Atyeo Stand opening, I bumped into Geoff Bradford, who scored the winner, in Supporters Club. I said to him "Yes you were!' and he replied with a big grin, "No I wasn't. Look at the history books and the score is a win for Rovers". He was the only non City ex player there because he and Big John were very good friends.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I was definitely at one game. City v Rovers FA Cup Feb 15 1958. Rovers won with a late goal that many of us thought was offside.

During the Atyeo Stand opening, I bumped into Geoff Bradford, who scored the winner, in Supporters Club. I said to him "Yes you were!' and he replied with a big grin, "No I wasn't. Look at the history books and the score is a win for Rovers". He was the only non City ex player there because he and Big John were very good friends.

Thanks for sharing the memory. My late father was also at that game. 

1 hour ago, Offside said:

I’d love to see this but it doesn’t work when I click on play - it says it needs to be licensed. 

Works fine for me. 

Just go to the pathe news archive website. Put Bristol City Football in the search box...and a few related films come up to watch for free. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Rovers were better then, weren't they, late 50s - very early 60s? Better than us. That was their one time, one team, in with any sort of chance of promotion to the top division, and they weren’t good enough. They have never been anything like as good before or since that era.