IGNORED

Phil Alexander - Radio Bristol Live Chat

Rocky

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I have just finished listening on catch up.  His bit just over.

Pretty much a straightforward chap…he said his focus is currently on working with Tins and Nige on getting the players in to have an assault on the league next season.  They have been working on stuff for two to three months (I assume that is talking to agents and players pending formal offers).

He gave good insight into the things that go into agreeing a deal and the costs…both of perm and loan signings.

He said they’d pretty much righted the financial problems of the “previous regime” (his words).

He also said “Nigel is a fantastic manager. What he’s done - he’s like footballing royalty for me”, a bit more glowing than SL, suggesting Nige has a good support from his CEO and a nice buffer between him and the board.

What NP has pulled off with a fraction of the money poured over Johnson is miraculous. 

The utter nonsense of a squad full of clubs in the bag to what we have now is night and day. As much as I am a huge fan of SL and what he’s done for the club everyday the decision to employ Lee Johnson is seen as ridiculous. Some may even have booed!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I liked the bit at the end when he said his priority was to get players in and ready by the time the players come back from the break. Sounds like there's business ready to go nice and early. We've done well in the past when we we've got players in early. 

I thought it was a case of we buy, once we've sold Scott. Sounds more like we buy, and if we sell Scott we buy a bit more. 

• Like 2

Interesting line on still having a couple of "legacy players" from previous regimes, which didn't sound particularly complimentary. The first two that spring to mind are Han-Noah and Taylor Moore, but also possibly Tomas Kalas?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Ron W said:

Interesting line on still having a couple of "legacy players" from previous regimes, which didn't sound particularly complimentary. The first two that spring to mind are Han-Noah and Taylor Moore, but also possibly Tomas Kalas?

I think it's more the likes of JD. Maybe even the injury prone Williams. Pearson appears to love Kalas. Maybe he was talking about Kalas in a wages sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ron W said:

And Dasilva? Williams because he's very injury prone? Couple could actually mean up to five at least?

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Pretty decent interview. Not as plain speaking as Gould but nowhere near Ashton; although I did get a bit of sick in my mouth when he said “we need to sweat the asset”. 

He is somewhere in between the two of them. Not quite as calm, measured, and fan-oriented as Gould, but also nowhere near the levels of self-fellatio as Ashton.

I think he'll be ok as CEO so long as we've a strong manager and backroom staff who are independent of PA. 

• Like 1

We've arguably finally got a sensible 'football' guy. Actually been there done that with Palace over an extended period.

Let's see what structure he puts in place. Palace have struggled with regards to recruitment since he stepped down.

Edited by Fuber

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Pretty decent interview. Not as plain speaking as Gould but nowhere near Ashton; although I did get a bit of sick in my mouth when he said “we need to sweat the asset”. 

Whatever the words used, it’s why he’s been brought in…we don’t make enough from the “set-up” we have, the AG Ltd / Bristol Sport model needs to be more efficient / bring in more money.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I have just finished listening on catch up.  His bit just over.

Pretty much a straightforward chap…he said his focus is currently on working with Tins and Nige on getting the players in to have an assault on the league next season.  They have been working on stuff for two to three months (I assume that is talking to agents and players pending formal offers).

He gave good insight into the things that go into agreeing a deal and the costs…both of perm and loan signings.

He said they’d pretty much righted the financial problems of the “previous regime” (his words).

He also said “Nigel is a fantastic manager. What he’s done - he’s like footballing royalty for me”, a bit more glowing than SL, suggesting Nige has a good support from his CEO and a nice buffer between him and the board.

Thanks. Encouraging. Like your last paragraph especially 

3 hours ago, One Team said:

The fact he's rejected interview requests up until now to stay in the background seemed about as un-MA as could possibly be imaginable (especially as we've been playing quite well for much of that time).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Whatever the words used, it’s why he’s been brought in…we don’t make enough from the “set-up” we have, the AG Ltd / Bristol Sport model needs to be more efficient / bring in more money.

Don’t disagree Fevs, more a tongue in cheek comment from me. As others have said, whilst not as straight talking as Gould he’s a world away from Ashton and clearly got credible experience.

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, One Team said:

Don’t disagree Fevs, more a tongue in cheek comment from me. As others have said, whilst not as straight talking as Gould he’s a world away from Ashton and clearly got credible experience.

Yeah, I know.

FWIW I found him very plain, simple speaking, like Gould.  Both confident in their “skills and expertise” to avoid resorting to BS Bingo to cover inadequacies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron W said:

The fact he's rejected interview requests up until now to stay in the background seemed about as un-MA as could possibly be imaginable (especially as we've been playing quite well for much of that time).

Swiss Tony was always happy to be in the media when things were rosy, during difficult times he was nowhere to be seen.

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He is somewhere in between the two of them. Not quite as calm, measured, and fan-oriented as Gould, but also nowhere near the levels of self-fellatio as Ashton.

I think he'll be ok as CEO so long as we've a strong manager and backroom staff who are independent of PA. 

Fan orientated?

He gave us the world class rewards shite we have now!