IGNORED

Brooke Aspin: Surviving Sepsis - What A Fighter:

8 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

For those who have not seen it, what an awful thing to happen (to anyone) but what a fight from Brooke. Inspirational to us all. Not many get through sepsis unless there is very early intervention. 

Love to Brooke and best wishes for next season xxx

Very brave to share her story I had sepsis a fee years back, luckily it was caught early for me and I got treated very quickly, but still a scary experience. 

Love and hugs to Brooke. X 

• Like 3

Same as Matt, I had sepsis a few years ago, along with pneumonia and wasn't at all well.

Luckily, like Matt, it was caught in time but I thought I just had a stinking cold or the flu.

Son came home from school and I had passed out in a pool of sweat. I woke up 3 days later in the RUH. Turns out my temperature was 44, not that I knew anything about it.

Horrible disease, absolutely horrible and I share the good wishes to Brooke.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

On 05/05/2023 at 18:49, Ska Junkie said:

Same as Matt, I had sepsis a few years ago, along with pneumonia and wasn't at all well.

Luckily, like Matt, it was caught in time but I thought I just had a stinking cold or the flu.

Son came home from school and I had passed out in a pool of sweat. I woke up 3 days later in the RUH. Turns out my temperature was 44, not that I knew anything about it.

Horrible disease, absolutely horrible and I share the good wishes to Brooke.

Glad you came through. It's scary how quick this can creep up on you. Mines a bit of a gross story to be honest it involved an abcess in a sensitive area. I'd been told many times it was nothing and would pass, well no it wasn't nothing it was an abcess that eventually burst, even when it burst they were sending me home until they took blood tests and found my blood was infected, I was amidiataly put onto an iv drip, was the worst experience of my life.

• Sad 2

On 05/05/2023 at 19:42, TinMan's left peg said:

This is amazing. I had no idea. Looks like she could be one hell of a player too 

She already is - she will be a full England international within the next 3 years in my opinion (especially if Chelsea get their way and sign her after repeated attempts already).