IGNORED

Flapper

Silvio Dante

Just now, Percy Pig said:

I've always found the Phillips stuff sad, he was a good servant and for a while one of our better players, always felt confident he'd save any pen we faced for a while and I remember his performance in the Everton cup game as one of the best I'd seen... 

But my word is the bloke an absolute bellend. Totally ruined any legacy here with his antics and bitterness. Just an all round odd chap. 

Yep and his resentment and bitterness cost him his place. I met him a few times and he always whinged and complained about something and when Basso took over he was bitter with frustration. He had no insight into how his negative attitude effected other players. As soon as GJ saw that he bombed him out.

He’d have been moved on even quicker under Nige or any other proper manager.

If one apple is bad pretty soon they’re all bad.

Flapper was an excellent shot stopper but as his nickname suggests he never dominated his box and was very uncertain whenever crosses came in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

GJ still living rent free in your head, I see!

Not at all. It was GJ who saw the negative effect Flapper’s attitude was having on the squad and quite rightly bombed him out. Any manager with any experience would have done exactly the same. I just think that had Nige met Flapper before he’d played a game under Nige he would have clocked right away what a bad apple he was and left him out.

When Flpper joined the Gas one of the first complaints he made was that there were no chocolate biscuits after training……………:rofl2br:

Says it all really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not at all. It was GJ who saw the negative effect Flapper’s attitude was having on the squad and quite rightly bombed him out. Any manager with any experience would have done exactly the same. I just think that had Nige met Flapper before he’d played a game under Nige he would have clocked right away what a bad apple he was and left him out.

When Flpper joined the Gas one of the first complaints he made was that there were no chocolate biscuits after training……………:rofl2br:

Says it all really.

Phillips played 8 games under GJ. I’d say that was pretty quick to replace him.

I don’t think any manager could have got rid any sooner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Phillips played 8 games under GJ. I’d say that was pretty quick to replace him.

I don’t think any manager could have got rid any sooner. 

Flapper wouldn’t have had any games under Nige. He’d have brought in a loan keeper until he he signed a proper keeper.

• Hmmm 1

21 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

You really have no idea what happened do you? If you did you would have had an even bigger stick to hit GJ with...

Why do some repeatedly go on about a manager who was sacked 13 years ago?…………..:dunno:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Probably because he remains our most successful manager since Dicks and other than you and a few other weirdos our fans absolutely love the guy. 

He is a City Leg end

What success did he achieve?………..:dunno:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Flapper wouldn’t have had any games under Nige. He’d have brought in a loan keeper until he he signed a proper keeper.

So you reckon then if Pearson had taken over 9 games into a season & a goalkeeper had played in all of them, that he’d just drop him without ever seeing him play & get someone in on loan?

That doesn’t sound remotely like anything he’d do or has ever done in his entire career to me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Within 90 minutes of Premier League football, some of the greatest moments in living memory and a time where we truly believed.

Name a manager who has been better either before or after?

It terms of pure entertainment alone Danny Wilson was the best. The season City lost to Brighton at the Millennium was the most enjoyable season that I can remember. Every time I attended a home game I expected to win - I never had that feeling before or since.

I love to get that feeling again next season.

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Not even during the 2014-15 season?

You know -  the one when we won promotion with a record 99 points !

Nope - although it was a successful season the feeling of expecting to win wasn’t there. It was more a feeling of hoping to win.

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It terms of pure entertainment alone Danny Wilson was the best. The season City lost to Brighton at the Millennium was the most enjoyable season that I can remember. Every time I attended a home game I expected to win - I never had that feeling before or since.

I love to get that feeling again next season.

Must admit I did like the time under Wilson but 2003-04 we were quite boring to watch compared to the previous season at least. 

I also don't miss getting beaten at places like Chesterfield and Colchrster either really.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nope - although it was a successful season the feeling of expecting to win wasn’t there. It was more a feeling of hoping to win.

You’ve jumped the shark here I’m afraid. 

99 points. Danny Wilson’s best season- 83 points. ‘The feeling of expecting to win’ just wasn’t there though was it.

Glad you found the season we lost to Brighton so ‘entertaining’. Strange really, as we all know you found Gary Johnson’s team (that got promoted) so boring and yet that season under Wilson we scored less goals. 

In fact in home games that we were the lowest scorers in the top ten. Absolutely trilling entertainment though! 3 goals in 7 games in the standard Wilson bottle job after the winning run came to an end. Thrilling entertainment though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

99 points. Danny Wilson’s best season- 83 points. ‘The feeling of expecting to win’ just wasn’t there though was it.

Glad you found the season we lost to Brighton so ‘entertaining’. Strange really, as we all know you found Gary Johnson’s team (that got promoted) so boring and yet that season under Wilson we scored less goals. 

In fact in home games that we were the lowest scorers in the top ten. Absolutely trilling entertainment though! 3 goals in 7 games in the standard Wilson bottle job after the winning run came to an end. Thrilling entertainment though!

I must admit Wilson wouldn’t have reached the changing room after the game at the Millennium Stadium without his P45 in his hand if I’d been running it. The single most disappointing performance in the clubs history tbh and Lita doing Sudoku on the bench. Complete and utter bottle jobs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I must admit Wilson wouldn’t have reached the changing room after the game at the Millennium Stadium without his P45 in his hand if I’d been running it. The single most disappointing performance in the clubs history tbh and Lita doing Sudoku on the bench. Complete and utter bottle jobs.

Completely agree. I remember people being surprised by the decision to get rid of him, whereas, like you, he wouldn’t have made it out of Cardiff still in employment had I been in charge. 

Easily the most disappointing day in my time watching City.

10 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Reflective stats don’t mean anything to me. I remember DW setting up to play entertaining football and he certainly did that.

It’s a real pity that he messed up the selection in the pray off final. All water under the bridge now tho………..:dunno: