IGNORED

Flapper

Silvio Dante

I liked Danny Wilson and we played some nice stuff at times , I certainly think the style of play then was more accustomed to what I see now, maybe the memory ain’t what it used to be!

Remember my mate jumping on the coach at Blackpool to tell Danny and his team what he thought of them , it was very quiet on that coach and not one player or staff said anything, I got my mate off the coach and apologised, not sure why I did that as he spoke the truth !

Just now, Robbored said:

Reflective stats don’t mean anything to me. I remember DW setting up to play entertaining football and he certainly did that.

It’s a real pity that he messed up the selection in the pray off final. All water under the bridge now tho………..:dunno:

Well as long as you had a nice time.

Just now, bearded_red said:

Completely agree. I remember people being surprised by the decision to get rid of him, whereas, like you, he wouldn’t have made it out of Cardiff still in employment had I been in charge. 

Easily the most disappointing day in my time watching City.

The two most disappointing days for me was getting stuffed 0-5 ( or was it 6) at AG by Wolves and some seasons later was when Cardiff of all clubs hammered us 0-6…………two dreadful results that still stick in my craw………..…….:facepalm:

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Must admit I did like the time under Wilson but 2003-04 we were quite boring to watch compared to the previous season at least. 

I also don't miss getting beaten at places like Chesterfield and Colchrster either really.

Funny enough we got beat at Crewe and Colchester of all places in our double year

• Haha 1

Although goals aren’t necessarily the ultimate arbiter of entertainment (we’ve all seen great 0-0’s) they’re a pretty good benchmark. On a similar basis, you can have an entertaining team get less points than one which is ruthlessly efficient.

What never happens is a more entertaining side over the course of a season score less goals and gain less points than a ruthlessly efficient one. 

As for Wilson, it’s been done to death on here. We were a very entertaining side under him prior to the playoff season, and played good, attacking football. He saw Wigan win the league being ruthlessly efficient and less entertaining that season and applied their template to us. So we ended up with a side that were less entertaining (scoring far less goals than the prior term), which we’d have taken had we been successful a la Wigan. But we weren’t. 

It’s amazing how a thread about Steve Phillips being a tosser and not liking GJ has turned into one man’s crusade to rebuild Danny Wilson. But it allows him to get his rocks off.

As ever, all a bit weird and sad.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Although goals aren’t necessarily the ultimate arbiter of entertainment (we’ve all seen great 0-0’s) they’re a pretty good benchmark. On a similar basis, you can have an entertaining team get less points than one which is ruthlessly efficient.

What never happens is a more entertaining side over the course of a season score less goals and gain less points than a ruthlessly efficient one. 

As for Wilson, it’s been done to death on here. We were a very entertaining side under him prior to the playoff season, and played good, attacking football. He saw Wigan win the league being ruthlessly efficient and less entertaining that season and applied their template to us. So we ended up with a side that were less entertaining (scoring far less goals than the prior term), which we’d have taken had we been successful a la Wigan. But we weren’t. 

It’s amazing how a thread about Steve Phillips being a tosser and not liking GJ has turned into one man’s crusade to rebuild Danny Wilson. But it allows him to get his rocks off.

As ever, all a bit weird and sad.

The mere mention of certain names is enough for him to firmly grasp his rod, and furiously set to work fishing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2