IGNORED

Catapult?

Port Said Red

I've known about this technology for a few years. 

Technology that can tell you whether a player is being pushed too hard, needs to rest to prevent injury is a massive help. 

Top teams in the past few years have dropped players and fans have wondered why...because they had been playing well...but tech was telling the club that if you played them, they would be vulnerable to an injury. 

For me...to help fan relationship with managers, it's wise to share this info. Otherwise it looks senseless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

What do our coaching and stats fraternity on here know about this tech. A good choice for the club?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-partner-with-sports-performance-powerhouse-catapult/

Catapult was formerly playertek. I have used the standard GPS tracking products from what was playertek. I have a mixed opinion of their standard products, they were limited, and not always efficient.

Bristol City won't be using just standard. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Catapult was formerly playertek. I have used the standard GPS tracking products from what was playertek. I have a mixed opinion of their standard products, they were limited, and not always efficient.

The way this announced made it sound like something new, but on re-reading it seems it's just a different version to the one that we were using prior?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Standard

image.png.5125c051ea9649091d17d3f3518bd24b.png

Bristol City's version?

image.png.84ded95e675e32444926e0f47a59a22f.png 

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1