IGNORED

On this day (again) 1986

1960maaan

We beat Hereford 3-0 in the 2nd Leg of the FRT area final. 
Steve Neville seemed to take an hour to slot that 3rd goal, I was right in line from the enclosure and thought he was never going to shoot.
The home leg was just 3 days after getting beaten at Hereford. No photos of the home Leg, you'll probably find those somewhere. Got a couple of the away leg.

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_54_32.png.4c12ae9aab5e61898995ecc879d6c588.png

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_53_35.png.9cb7d1771f14a7e2fd0f988e60d37562.png

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_53_52.thumb.png.09f9820acb0ab032f8de5e926e7fa31b.png

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_54_09.png.958cd4ef2d1229e13465ff7d68095574.png

• Like 5
  • Robin 6

Was right in line with stevie as he took that shot from the east end & yes it seemed to take about ten minutes to cross the line . We climbed over the railings on the final whistle & ran to celebrate . After a few minutes we turned around wondering where our mate was , he got his jeans caught on top of the railings & was dangling head first towards the floor . Hilarious ???

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Jim Harvey, had a spell here I recall, he always looked a good player 

Yes he was, until he joined us! IIRC he looked nothing like the player we thought we had signed, only played a handful of games (just checked, not even a handful - 3 games).  We do seem to attract more than our fair share of these types of players.

I couldn’t to the game because my dad was working late (although he managed to duck out to get to AG) and I was too young to go on my own. I was too nervous to listen to the radio, so I didn’t know the score until my dad got back to work and phoned. Then I couldn’t get to sleep because of the excitement of going to Wembley. My dad was in the Enclosure that night and said it was pandemonium when Neville got the winner. 

13 minutes ago, Offside said:

I couldn’t to the game because my dad was working late (although he managed to duck out to get to AG) and I was too young to go on my own. I was too nervous to listen to the radio, so I didn’t know the score until my dad got back to work and phoned. Then I couldn’t get to sleep because of the excitement of going to Wembley. My dad was in the Enclosure that night and said it was pandemonium when Neville got the winner. 

I was in the Enclosure that night, and your Dad's right, absolute bedlam...!! Great night.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Anyone remember what the crowd was?

For me it was up there with one of the best days/nights I’ve had watching City. Only a few years before and the idea of us seeing City ever play at Wembley were laughable but then the lower league cup came along and was soon afforded Wembley as the venue for the final.

We thought we may have blown it after the first leg, hence the not massive crowd from memory, which of course made it all the more sweeter.

Going to Wembley to watch a team containing a bunch of my favourite City players, yes we were back from our darkest days. 

• Flames 1
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

We beat Hereford 3-0 in the 2nd Leg of the FRT area final. 
Steve Neville seemed to take an hour to slot that 3rd goal, I was right in line from the enclosure and thought he was never going to shoot.
The home leg was just 3 days after getting beaten at Hereford. No photos of the home Leg, you'll probably find those somewhere. Got a couple of the away leg.

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_54_32.png.4c12ae9aab5e61898995ecc879d6c588.png

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_53_35.png.9cb7d1771f14a7e2fd0f988e60d37562.png

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_53_52.thumb.png.09f9820acb0ab032f8de5e926e7fa31b.png

Screenshot2023-05-09at14_54_09.png.958cd4ef2d1229e13465ff7d68095574.png

One of my favourite trips mike fantastic memories bud

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I was in the Enclosure that night, and your Dad's right, absolute bedlam...!! Great night.

It was absolutely nuts in there that night,must be in my top 3 or 4 games watching City.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

For me it was up there with one of the best days/nights I’ve had watching City. Only a few years before and the idea of us seeing City ever play at Wembley were laughable but then the lower league cup came along and was soon afforded Wembley as the venue for the final.

We thought we may have blown it after the first leg, hence the not massive crowd from memory, which of course made it all the more sweeter.

Going to Wembley to watch a team containing a bunch of my favourite City players, yes we were back from our darkest days. 

Wasn't many -11-12K from memory. I know a few gave it a miss after the first leg defeat. Bloody glad I never...!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

12000+ if memory serves me right 

• Like 1