IGNORED

Milan v Inter

Super

10 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I have only tuned in for 2nd half, has the whole game been like this? Players down every two seconds it feels like.

Was a good first 15 mins and one superb save aside from AC keeper not a lot has happened really 

I think in the refs defence he's tried to let the game flow but seems to be backfiring!!

• Thanks 1

Yep hasn't been a great spectacle, although a fairly lively start with chances for both sides. Milan have been hideous over both games. Inter are just doing what they need to win the tie.

Whilst I'd agree Real or Man C would start as heavy favourites in the final, I still wouldn't rule Inter out in a one-off game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a great game (more lively in the first half), but a second win that deservedly sends Inter to an historic Champions League final.  ⚫??

A final where the winner of the other semifinal will surely be clear favourite, but in football you never know... ⚽

Watched bits of both legs. Inter did win at Anfield last season when Liverpool were flying so in a one off tie so wouldnt rule them out fully. Certainly better than AC Milan although Napoli first 6-7 months, maybe until mid March were comfortably better than both Milan sides!

Their bigger surprise is their renaissance post 2021. They won the title it said on BT Sport last night. Then Lukaku in absolutely prime form was sold Conte got the best of him I suspect, Hakimi sold too- Conte walked and I think the wage bill was cut. Eriksen had to leave due to health reasons too, better man for man than their current one probably.

Awful sides is overstating it. Onana a strong performer at Ajax,  Bastoni, Skriniar (if fit), Barella, Brozovic in midfield plus Martinez and Lukaku (when in form) up front. Dumfries has attracted interest too from various sides.

They have a number of bits and pieces players, so so but not top class but awful is overstating. Calhanoglu has always been quite creative.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

Good summary. ??

Spalletti brought Inter back in Champions League after many years of struggles (mainly due to huge financial problems), but the club decided to replace him with Conte and spent heavily in the market, so with a far better squad he was able to win the league in his second year. Then a mix of FFP, pandemic effect and other things forced the club to reshape the squad (losing key players, replaced by good - but weaker - ones), Conte ran away, and Inzaghi was chosen to try to maintain Inter competitive.

Well, he did it. Last season Inter won Italian cup and supercup, challenged AC Milan in the league until the end and passed CL's group stage; during the summer some high-earners were released (Vidal, Sanchez, Perisic) and replaced mainly with loans and free agents.
This season the team couldn't compete with Napoli but won the Italian supercup, reached again the Italian cup final and now - incredibly - the Champions League one too, despite injuries to key players (Lukaku and Brozovic out for months, then Skriniar out too, etc.), a few out-of-form players in some moments and not many reliable reserves (experienced players like Mkhitaryan, Acerbi and Dzeko had to play a lot of games and have been superb, but the likes of Gagliardini, Correa & co. can't offer much). Lately we've been in very good form and did better in the league (qualification for the next CL is now closer), so I hope we can keep this form until the end of the season. ?

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Thanks 1