IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Fair play, don't see how Barnsley can complain if they only sold 20k, sort of things fewers would do !

They were moaning about the safety of their fans , which is a joke . 

A statement on Barnsley's official website read: "Barnsley Football Club is disappointed to learn that the English Football League (EFL) has reallocated the total amount of tickets for the Sky Bet League One Play-Off Final.
"The EFL requested 6,000 of Barnsley FC's allocated tickets to be available to Sheffield Wednesday supporters in Tier 5 on Wednesday, which was opposed by the Club.
"Whilst we acknowledge the reasons offered up in terms of the current sales totals of both clubs, the potential risk to our supporters was our main concern. However, the EFL are confident that the safety measures put in place are sufficient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Massive congrats @Owl Visiting

Can anyone remember Barnsley Tyke and his infamous rant? I can’t quite recall what it was about. But didn’t we dick them 5-3 not so long after?

He never said that did he?

He actually did, word for word

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Seem to remember Windass realised Brad was out of it and helped get him in a safe position on the ground?

Yes he realise Bradley wasn't right, not picking up players making runs around him. I think he got the refs attention and the game was stopped. Bradley was literally walking around in a daze as was concussed, only Windass spotted this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Be a pub quiz question in future years - during the 2022/23 play off campaign how long did Sheffield Wednesday lead in the three games they were involved in.. 

Huddersfield were promoted to the Premier League,via the play offs in 2017. Never in the lead, only scored one goal, and didn't win a game.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Extra text

WAHEYYY!!!

What a way to get promoted. 

Awful game wasn't it? I thought we were really poor, Barnsley have our number this season and without that very dubious red card I don't think it'd have gone Wednesday's way today. I don't feel too sorry for them though as across the season we've been great.

When the goal went in it was a slightly strange moment, it came just a week after what was probably the most exciting and dramatic moment in any Wednesday fan's life and oddly today it was more shock and surprise than wild celebration.

Such a relief to be back in a decent division again though, and so glad I don't have to hear any more whinging about Forest Green!

• Like 14

On 27/05/2023 at 22:41, cidered abroad said:

A tip of a ground, the last fifteen years or so, nowhere of any consequence due to financial irregularities, a dump of a town.

Yet again we sit here and watch a poxy little town, a financial fiddling club etc and etc, get to the promised land before us.

I don't think we should get there just because we're a big city but to see the minnows from Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton, Luton, and plenty more getting to the top tier really does hurt. 80 next birthday and I've seen us there for four years. Followed by three successive relegations and bankruptcy. Jealous? No just so pissed off it hurts!

Some of been quite complementary on here, but I’m at a lost as to why some seem so bitter and angry towards us. Not sure how we’ve wronged you but never mind.

Seriously though how on Earth are we the minnows. Yes, AG is larger and more up to date than KR but that’s it. That would make Port Vale a bigger club than us. 

since WWII

BCFC

4 top flight seasons 

LTFC

17 top flight seasons

1 league cup and runners up

FA cup runners up 

Not claiming that we are some massive club but to label us minnows in comparison to yourselves is quite laughable. 
Still good luck for next season, I’m sure we’ll be back down soon.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

WAHEYYY!!!

Awful game wasn't it? I thought we were really poor, Barnsley have our number this season and without that very dubious red card I don't think it'd have gone Wednesday's way today. I don't feel too sorry for them though as across the season we've been great.

When the goal went in it was a slightly strange moment, it came just a week after what was probably the most exciting and dramatic moment in any Wednesday fan's life and oddly today it was more shock and surprise than wild celebration.

Such a relief to be back in a decent division again though, and so glad I don't have to hear any more whinging about Forest Green!

Memories of 1966 for me OV. Because we had only recently moved oop North the previous year, I used to stand on the Kop. Went to Wembley with the Old Man and we bought 'tout tickets' and ended up in the Everton end !! Next year got ST's in Cantilever Stand. Hoped Everton would come down and us win. Got 50% of what I hoped for !! 3-3 draws for Owls v Robins next year. Us top and Owls runners up ( got to be faithful to my first loves !!!)   WELCOME BACK

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

WAHEYYY!!!

i think you made a mistake saying forest green ,im sure you mean the team from the tump who play in quarters

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Memories of 1966 for me OV. Because we had only recently moved oop North the previous year, I used to stand on the Kop. Went to Wembley with the Old Man and we bought 'tout tickets' and ended up in the Everton end !! Next year got ST's in Cantilever Stand. Hoped Everton would come down and us win. Got 50% of what I hoped for !! 3-3 draws for Owls v Robins next year. Us top and Owls runners up ( got to be faithful to my first loves !!!)   WELCOME BACK

Wow that's going back, the cantilever stand was built for the 66 World Cup if I'm not mistaken so must have been brand new when you got your season ticket. As an additional bit of useless information the South stand which sits opposite was built for Euro 96. Hopefully at some point some serious work will be done on the ground as we're a million miles from hosting international football these days. 

• Robin 1

21 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Wow that's going back, the cantilever stand was built for the 66 World Cup if I'm not mistaken so must have been brand new when you got your season ticket. As an additional bit of useless information the South stand which sits opposite was built for Euro 96. Hopefully at some point some serious work will be done on the ground as we're a million miles from hosting international football these days. 

Was brand new from memory, great stand with catering behind, I was never used to that after Ashton Gate. In thoses days Hillsborough was one of the top grounds in England. 

1England Ron Springett2England Wilf Smith3England Don Megson (c)4England Peter Eustace5England Sam Ellis6England Gerry Young7England Graham Pugh8England John Fantham9Scotland Jim McCalliog10England David Ford11England John QuinnManager:England Alan Brown

Heady days for a lad from Cider Country !!!

• Flames 1