IGNORED

U21 PDL2: Semi Final v Sheff Utd (away)

Sleepy1968

For what it’s worth, it’s worth baring in mind this is an excellent Sheffield United group, multiple England youth internationals, Osula was on loan at Derby before going back to Sheffield Utd, Marsh has hit 23 goals this season and that’s just naming a few. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

For what it’s worth, it’s worth baring in mind this is an excellent Sheffield United group, multiple England youth internationals, Osula was on loan at Derby before going back to Sheffield Utd, Marsh has hit 23 goals this season and that’s just naming a few. 

Yep very true they have a great crop of youngsters coming through. Their 18's are a very decent side too.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Also worth noting that five of our starters have played in the first team, albeit only for one or two games in the main.

Have to say, disappointed with this showing, although the formation they are playing isn't helpful.

Big difference in fitness (strength mainly) between the two teams. Someone said men against boys and I can see why.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Also worth noting that five of our starters have played in the first team, albeit only for one or two games in the main.

Would they have got game time if we were in Sheffield United’s league position? Equally perhaps more of Sheffield United’s players would have got more minutes if they were in our league position 

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Would they have got game time if we were in Sheffield United’s league position? Equally perhaps more of Sheffield United’s players would have got more minutes if they were in our league position 

Definitely.

Disappointing result, disappointing performance in some ways.

I thought Acey showed up well first half.  As did Leeson and Morrison to an extent.

Pre-Xmas I kept saying I wanted to see Joe Low up against a team that could put him under pressure and also against a forward that might run him the other way.  Don’t get me wrong Osula is way too good for u21 footie (he made our first look ragged for 15 mins last season), but I got my answer today.  He’s got a lot of work to do to be a Champ player in the future.

Kadji did okay with the ball.  Without the ball, so reactive.

Omar tenacious but showed how at first team level his teammates got him through it.  He couldn’t lift his u21 teammates today.  He kept going though.

Im not sure what Marlee Francois is???

Hey-ho.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Disappointing result, disappointing performance in some ways.

I thought Acey showed up well first half.  As did Leeson and Morrison to an extent.

Pre-Xmas I kept saying I wanted to see Joe Low up against a team that could put him under pressure and also against a forward that might run him the other way.  Don’t get me wrong Osula is way too good for u21 footie (he made our first look ragged for 15 mins last season), but I got my answer today.  He’s got a lot of work to do to be a Champ player in the future.

Kadji did okay with the ball.  Without the ball, so reactive.

Omar tenacious but showed how at first team level his teammates got him through it.  He couldn’t lift his u21 teammates today.  He kept going though.

Im not sure what Marlee Francois is???

Hey-ho.

On a plane with the Australian team isn't he?

• Haha 1