IGNORED

Not quite the pyro party....

Bristol Rob

This isn’t even the first time this has been an issue at Groningen although I believe the previous time the game was only temporarily suspended and they did end up playing the rest of that match (after the offending thrower was removed and slapped in the face). 

I understand they’re very very unhappy there with how their season has gone (if you look at the table it really is bad, only one team have done worse and they’ve done awfully though not quite as badly as Derby so every cloud I suppose), but it strikes me as incredibly selfish to be the person who throws something onto the pitch to mean the rest of the 10-20k people there don’t get to see the game they’ve paid to go to and paid to travel to etc. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, by posting a message, I was able to share the content of the story with those who might not have seen it.

#DeliberatelyMisunderstanding

Didn't mean you Rob, I meant the idiots lobbing the fireworks etc

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sad to read. FC Groningen are my "Dutch club" - sorry Willem II - and it's a nice little city and great place to visit. 

Back in the Eerste Divisie for only the second time in 44 years. 

Back in the late 1980s, I spent a few years working in Bruxelles.

I spent quite a few long weekends in both Groningen and Alkmaar, both really nice smallish towns.

• Like 1