IGNORED

Arsenal blow it

Curr Avon

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't care what anyone says, Arsenal absolutely bottled the title.

Absolutely agree.

What's nuts is they're 15 points ahead of third place - seems to be a very poor league this year

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't care what anyone says, Arsenal absolutely bottled the title.

Nope. Beaten by the best team on the planet. A fantastic season for Arsenal considering their recent history.

Just now, Loïs said:

seems to be a very poor league this year

What game are you watching? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

81 points in 36 games (potentially ending on 87 points) and a goal difference of +41 is anything but bottling it. They're going to be beaten by financial steroids, the best coach of a generation, and a robot viking who's breaking records without sweating.

I don't like Arsenal one bit, but to say they've "bottled it" is naive, petty, and flawed in extremis.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Wonder how much buyers remorse there is for those who were willing to pay £25k for wolves at home on the last day 

The title wasn’t lost today though it was lost in that defeat at the etihad 

The title was lost with draws against Liverpool & West Ham when 2-0 up and drawing at home to Southampton. Had they held on to the 2 leads the loss at the Etihad would not have been so catastrophic.

It seems like North London is the capital of bottlers Spurs now Arsenal

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Typical modern football fans. A football club who finished 8th 2 years ago 'bottles it' for ending up 2nd in a title race with Man City.

When Arsenal were 8 points clear Man City had a game in hand and also had Arsenal to play at home. If it was Arsenal 8 points clear with a game in hand i'd may say different.

• Like 3

Bottled it is a bit harsh for me but lapses of concentration at crucial times have cost them. Some poor defensive errors showed that they certainly missed Saliba at the back in the last couple of months and also Tomiyasu. Didn't understand Arteta's substitutions today. Martinelli loss was unfortunate and I don't complain about the like for like replacement of  Partey for Jorginho but when you're a goal down and need to battle, while also maintaining creativity and a goal threat why bring of Xhaka and Odegaard. 

It was good while it lasted and they're a young side that are a joy to watch. Let's see if they can end the rest of the season and mount another challenge next year, with the added pressure of playing in the CL (even if I believe that nobody who's not a champion should be playing in it). 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Ironically their form has slipped after they got knocked out of it.

It massively killed their momentum losing to Sporting Lisbon , however they had got lucky a few times before with comebacks, particularly the Bournemouth home game. 

They just don't have the squad like Man City do.

• Like 1

Arteta has done an amazing job. Beating Liverpool, the money of Chelsea and ManUre. I’m sure Arsenal fans are feeling low tonight but they have had a brilliant season. Odergaard and Saka are in the PL teams of the season without doubt and probably Ben White too. If they recruit well in the summer I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed again, but the blue Mancs are just too good.