IGNORED

Credit where credit is due…

BCFC1512

I don’t know why but I cannot warm to Cooper however, I think he has done a fantastic job in very difficult circumstances. 

Clearly next season will be just as tricky and recruitment this summer, same as most clubs, will be crucial.

That said I am not sure the owner will be quite as benevolent if they have a poor start. And that is the challenge for any club that beats the odds and stays up, the second ‘album’ to use a musical analogy can be equally difficult.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Fair bl00dy play to Notts Forest! And just seen owner’s interview on SSN. Seems a decent guy, talk about how close they came to changing manager after 2 poor runs this season!! They’ve had some cracking home wins this season.

You mean the bloke who has been accused of match fixing a few times and drug trafficking,found not guilty but as we know in this country having a few Bob makes you above the law 

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

41 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I don’t know why but I cannot warm to Cooper however, I think he has done a fantastic job in very difficult circumstances. 

Clearly next season will be just as tricky and recruitment this summer, same as most clubs, will be crucial.

That said I am not sure the owner will be quite as benevolent if they have a poor start. And that is the challenge for any club that beats the odds and stays up, the second ‘album’ to use a musical analogy can be equally difficult.

Not sure it will be, Sheff U and Luton /Cov are near certainties to go down leaving only one relegation spot for the others to avoid

12 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Subconscious bias, he's not got a pretty face, or voice.  It's science sadly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Most said that about Brentford, Bournemouth and Brighton 

Bournemouth I agree, the other two not so much as they both went up with a distinctive style and had been strong for a couple of years prior to promotion. Can't say i see the same traits in Sheff U or Cov/Luton, on the other hand I think Burnley will be fine

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Bournemouth I agree, the other two not so much as they both went up with a distinctive style and had been strong for a couple of years prior to promotion. Can't say i see the same traits in Sheff U or Cov/Luton, on the other hand I think Burnley will be fine

The problem for Burnley is that their possession style football was great at Championship level as they clearly had better players. Back in the Premier League, it’s doubtful that they will be able to do the same against most of the teams at that level.

As for Forest and Steve Cooper, it’s their home form that has kept them up. Away from home their results have been really poor. Clearly they have got some good younger players (Johnson, Gibbs-White) but will need yet more recruitment to do it all again next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Strange to think that they bought half the players on the planet but the one who almost single-handedly kept them up was already at the club.

Who was that? Johnson? Bit harsh on players like Navas and Awoniyi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s because he’s a whinger.  Last season he was l always hard-done by” when they didn’t get a result.

He also has a classic whinger countenence which, even if you can't hear him, serves to remind you of what he's like when he opens his gob.

Just imagine if him and Nathan Jones had a love child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 20/05/2023 at 20:56, Taunton_BCFC said:

Fair bl00dy play to Notts Forest! And just seen owner’s interview on SSN. Seems a decent guy, talk about how close they came to changing manager after 2 poor runs this season!! They’ve had some cracking home wins this season.

Damn! I thought this was the Martin Lewis column. Carry on fella.