IGNORED

Private Coaches

Jimbo123

Random one - are there any private coach services anymore that run to every away game?

Obviously we've got the CATS which is club run, but other than "Sam's Cider Bus" is there anything else really going anymore?

I struggle with CATS as the gang I go with like a drink and it's strictly forbidden on there, but not really aware of any private coach services that run everywhere anymore?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Random one - are there any private coach services anymore that run to every away game?

Obviously we've got the CATS which is club run, but other than "Sam's Cider Bus" is there anything else really going anymore?

I struggle with CATS as the gang I go with like a drink and it's strictly forbidden on there, but not really aware of any private coach services that run everywhere anymore?

Drinking ON the coaches has been banned for years as far as I'm aware. When we ran them in the 80s/90s we regularly had Police come on and search the coaches. We just tended to get everywhere early, not sure if things have changed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Drinking ON the coaches has been banned for years as far as I'm aware. When we ran them in the 80s/90s we regularly had Police come on and search the coaches. We just tended to get everywhere early, not sure if things have changed.

I was on a new National Express bus last weekend and the driver said that there were alcohol-detecting sensors above each seat. Didn't sound massively likely, but part of a wider trend.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I was on a new National Express bus last weekend and the driver said that there were alcohol-detecting sensors above each seat. Didn't sound massively likely, but part of a wider trend.

I wonder how much you would have to drink the night before to set them off by breathing on them!

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I wonder how much you would have to drink the night before to set them off by breathing on them!

Try it out and let me know how it goes. I couldn't work out which bit was the sensor, so I assumed it was a lie, but hey maybe it isn't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Unfortunately I believe Sam's Cider Bus is no longer running, finishing this season.  A real shame as always a great group on there 

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It has, but private coaches tends to happen doesn't it as we know.

I don't drink at the moment so not an issue for me, but that may chance come August (usually does).

1 minute ago, CTIDhc said:

Unfortunately I believe Sam's Cider Bus is no longer running, finishing this season.  A real shame as always a great group on there 

Oh really? What a shame, I've been on a few times great bunch of people.

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

It has, but private coaches tends to happen doesn't it as we know.

I don't drink at the moment so not an issue for me, but that may chance come August (usually does).

Oh really? What a shame, I've been on a few times great bunch of people.

image.thumb.png.758b9e4f02ff577a4ae89df38724c72c.png

Unfortunately so

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Genuine question re: CATS. How much before the game do they tend to arrive at the away ground? Do you have enough time to find a local away-friendly pub for a beer and a bite to eat? 

Couple of hours before so yeah mate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom said:

That’s just above the drivers seat ??

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tom said:

My wife has just told me that on her trip up to London a few weeks ago her and a friend were swigging a bottle of wine and no alarms went of. Classy bird my missus ?❤️?

• Hmmm 1

34 minutes ago, Paul G said:

My wife has just told me that on her trip up to London a few weeks ago her and a friend were swigging a bottle of wine and no alarms went of. Classy bird my missus ?❤️?

Well it might have been an older one without the sensors. I am thinking that the sensors are a bit of a yarn, anyway ;) 

19 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Genuine question re: CATS. How much before the game do they tend to arrive at the away ground? Do you have enough time to find a local away-friendly pub for a beer and a bite to eat? 

The earliest the police will allow is an hour and a half before KO. If it's looking that we will arrive too early then additional time is added at the services, eg 45 mins instead of 30 etc. 

• Like 1