IGNORED

Todays Games

BS3City

Morning All,

I don't usually worry about other teams (other than Rovers losing), but couldn't help thinking this morning how lovely it would be to see both Leeds and Everton in the Championship next season! For me it's just because I've always historically hated "dirty Leeds", and because it's about time Everton had a taste of the real world and the financial challenges involved in being a Championship team. Also potentially a couple of really tasty fixtures for us next season! 

I've got a feeling Leicester will blow it though and we'll be seeing them instead. 

I bet there are some asses twitching on Merseyside and in Yorkshire this morning! Time will tell though eh...?

Edited by BS3City
Additional content
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Morning All,

I don't usually worry about other teams (other than Rovers losing), but couldn't help thinking this morning how lovely it would be to see both Leeds and Everton in the Championship next season! For me it's just because I've always historically hated "dirty Leeds", and because it's about time Everton had a taste of the real world and the financial challenges involved in being a Championship team. Also potentially a couple of really tasty fixtures for us next season! 

I've got a feeling Leicester will blow it though and we'll be seeing them instead. 

I bet there are some asses twitching on Merseyside and in Yorkshire this morning! Time will tell though eh...?

I can’t hâte Leeds after they sold us God Taylor or the pros  that have passed through Ashton Gate having played for them, Hunter,Cooper, Jordan, Shaw, Mann… 

Everton, I’ll give you. 

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I can’t hâte Leeds after they sold us God Taylor or the pros  that have passed through Ashton Gate having played for them, Hunter,Cooper, Jordan, Shaw, Mann… 

Everton, I’ll give you. 

So true Major. In past years well decades we have benefited from the quality that has come from Leeds either if you hate them or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Morning All,

Same here, Leeds and Everton down for me, but have a feeling all three sides will win and it will finish as it is. 

• Like 4

I bet the premier league is hoping that Everton go down, unlikely though the combination of results needed for this.

Everton's financial situation is such that if they were to survive there could well be serious legal action by Leicester and Leeds against the PL for failing to act and penalise Everton for what appear to be blatent FFP breached.

Accordingly it will be interesting to see if Everton get no help from VAR today - not that there could be any outside interference, of course, :whistle2:

• Like 2

Would love Everton and Leeds to be relegated but sadly I think other than Southampton, Bournemouth at home is about the easiest fixture Everton could have. 

O’Neil has done a great job there but I just don’t see them having the fight to get anything today with nothing riding on the fixture for them - would love to be wrong!

• Like 2

My prediction is for Everton to stay up, I think they’ll get the win against Bournemouth.

It’s an exciting end to the season though, Everton can’t settle for a draw with Leicester ready to overtake but also can’t lose because both Leicester and Leeds could overtake.

3 hours ago, BS3City said:

Morning All,

Everton have stood on the trapdoor a few times in the fairly recent past and have somehow always escaped, today I have a funny feeling they are going to make headlines for all the wrong reasons as their luck finally runs out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, One Team said:

Same here, Leeds and Everton down for me, but have a feeling all three sides will win and it will finish as it is. 

Between them they have won 3 games in the last 30. No way they all win. Be lucky if one of them wins today. FWIW I think Everton draw, Leicester win or draw and Leeds lose.

I expect Leeds and Leicester to come down, although if Everton are relegated it would give me a ground to visit next season which I haven't seen City win on (Luton was the last remaining from last year's Championship but they've got themselves promoted). Leeds could beat Spurs, who often play like they can't be arsed, and Leicester could turn over West Ham but I expect Everton to beat Bournemouth which will make anything Leeds and, Leicester do moot. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's hope this is true. Worth noting that Bournemouth won 3-1 at Goodison on the last day in 2020 but went down. It feels like it is the turn of Everton too. Been in the top flight for many years and had a number of last day scrapes in the PL era.

Hang on…so Bournemouth want revenge on Everton for Bournemouth beating Everton?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hang on…so Bournemouth want revenge on Everton for Bournemouth beating Everton?

Well they went down there despite winning so yeah you'd want to send them down. Win and send them down- we didn't show up vs Birmingham in 2017.

They should go like Mainz did at Dortmund yesterday, no on the beach there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I want Leicester and Everton to drop, but I think it will be Leicester and Leeds. I can't remember it being undecided and all on the last game for a while, at least for two teams.

I want the same as you, M.

Sadly, I think your prediction will prove correct.

Christ, Leeds mascots are the children of the players, what a procession of ugliness that was....

The commentator said that the players had to tie sausages around the kids neck so the dogs would play with them....

Edited by B1ackbird