IGNORED

Antoine

Aardvark Red

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did I read its shin related again?

On going from previous problems. 

Asked if Semenyo picked up the injury in training, O’Neil added: “It’s a complicated one. I think it’s been ongoing for a little while.

“Obviously the fact we got to 39 points and that he was managing to get through stuff for us, as he was.

“It’s important that we took the extra time that we had to try and get him ready for as early next season as we can.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If the opportunity came up in future, in circumstances that would suit both parties, it would be great to see him back one day….and I reiterate, one day.

He’s injured and not available but even if he was, he’s a £10.5m player that signed a 4 and a half year deal, so the loan fee itself would likely be in excess of £2m with wages on top.

Unless we were at a stage of taking the gamble in throwing resources at a promotion push, we’re better off investing in a permanent signing elsewhere and going for development.

• Robin 1

6 hours ago, Aardvark Red said:

would you have him back on loan for a season?

Is this a brain fart? 
Fact is we got 12 M for him and never looked back. Never in recent memory has a big money transfer out not damaged us. Webster,  brownhill etc transfers did us damage, but losing AS did nothing to us.

7 hours ago, spudski said:

On going from previous problems. 

Asked if Semenyo picked up the injury in training, O’Neil added: “It’s a complicated one. I think it’s been ongoing for a little while.

“Obviously the fact we got to 39 points and that he was managing to get through stuff for us, as he was.

“It’s important that we took the extra time that we had to try and get him ready for as early next season as we can.”

Seems like we got a really good deal for someone that has consistent injury problems.

• Like 2