IGNORED

Haydon Roberts Confirmed - Signed

westonred

2 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

If he signs Bryan won't be, he covers CB too.

If Bryan wasn't mentioned originally I'd have been over the moon with this deal.

why wouldn’t bryan sign? as previous posts have said it must mean kalas isn’t signing. Plus it’s cover for LCB which means Naismith can play in midfield 

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

why wouldn’t bryan sign? as previous posts have said it must mean kalas isn’t signing. Plus it’s cover for LCB which means Naismith can play in midfield 

He won't be signed for CB in a back 4 due to height, unless we're going back to a back 5 but I still can't see it as Pring/Naismith/Atkinson all cover LCB role. He'd be signed for LB.

• Like 1

On a more serious note, this is the kind of signing that I don’t think is possible without the pathway shown by Conway, Scott, Bell etc and even the roadmap laid down by Tanner. The club have shown they will play young players if good enough and also make them better. If they aren’t getting opportunities (Towler) then the club won’t also stand in their way.

If I was a young player looking at a championship club that’d be best for development purposes we’d be pretty near the top of the list now.

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Would that be the Caerphilly Ram or the Pistol Pete technique? ?

A bit from column A, a bit from column B!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Bryan isn’t coming in to play LB/LWB

This is my thinking too. I doubt Bryan would come here to sit on our bench as 2nd choice LB.

Even if we were to sign Bryan, I think we'd also be looking to sign a LB to act as cover for Pring.

Edit: just seen the Joe Bryan thread - looks like the Bryan deal may be in doubt anyway!

Edited by Supersonic Robin