IGNORED

Haydon Roberts Confirmed - Signed

westonred

28 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

ITS NOT HAPPENING! TALKED WITH NP LAST MONDAY!1?

And may be speaking to other clubs before making a decision…..or maybe it was all signed and sealed last week and the club are delaying the announcement until this week

• Haha 1

For once, the Evening Post make a pretty good point today.

With Brightons retained list not out yet, then technically we don’t know if Roberts is a free transfer or a compensation based signing. Even Roberts giving his goodbyes to Brighton doesn’t say that. It’s wholly possible that we’re in under the radar discussions with Brighton over a nominal fee.

There is a hugely plausible reason for delay here and the retained list has to come first.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Cheers mate, happy with that.

Hand of RO'D saying we're signing Bryan too potentially, dunno if you've heard the same but **** me I'd be over the moon if we signed both.

Deal was completely off last week hence we’re now signing Roberts. Club are absolutely fuming with JB I know that much. 

Just now, Bcfcshags said:

Deal was completely off last week hence we’re now signing Roberts. Club are absolutely fuming with JB I know that much. 

Fair enough mate. I hope it can be revived but not sounding great.

Roberts is a good signing though not a direct alternative given the twos respective positions imo.

Just now, Desso said:

Really pleased about this. He could turn out to be the pick of the new signings. Young, experienced and willing to learn. Happy days!

I watched a few of his interviews last week from his Derby loan.

He talks very well, thinks before he answers, doesn’t use “buzzing” a zillion times.  Of course that doesn’t translate to how he’ll perform on the pitch, but it shows some intelligence.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Interesting at the bottom of that article says City have approached a striker but I can’t find the player in question.

edit Championship star not striker

I saw that as well, but got a feeling it may be click-bait & the “championship star” was the signing we made last week - Rob Dickie.

• Like 4