IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Red Army 75

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Let’s not forget when he arrived here he was still getting over an awful spell of long covid, he then had a relapse which had us wondering if we’d seen the last of him when he took some time off.

That all looks behind him now thank goodness, his health would have been his first priority but with that looking sorted and things at work on the up him and the rest of us are all looking younger………..maybe! 

Yeah, I reckon he could have been quite close to chucking it all in during that relapse. No evidence for that position, and one shouldn't speculated on health matters etc, but I was astonished when he came back. Seems to have gone from strength to strength since then as well.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Only a very small proportion of the crowd, during one game, if I recall correctly. And they were shouted down, certainly in my area of the South Stand. 

Every club has a small proportion of clueless fucktards in its fanbase and we are no exception.

I only made the Boxing Day game last season, and there were a few singing it then. To be fair, it was a contender for our worst performance of the season. Everyone was happy to know that I couldn't make any other matches!

13 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Yeah, I reckon he could have been quite close to chucking it all in during that relapse. No evidence for that position, and one shouldn't speculated on health matters etc, but I was astonished when he came back. Seems to have gone from strength to strength since then as well.

Says a lot about the character of Pearson IMO. As you said one shouldn’t speculate on health matters but he strikes me as a man that isn’t a quitter and once he starts a project will want to see it out.

He probably knew from the get go that if he could navigate the first couple of years, and once the club finds itself on a better financial footing that he has a real chance to do something special here..

• Like 3