IGNORED

Fans on the pitch at Fulham

1960maaan

and it's all legal and above board.

I think this is a nice idea, thinking back to the Terry Cooper days and the "Open Days" around then, we loved it. No restrictions , wander around the ground and best of all be on the pitch. I remember a very relaxed atmosphere, photos with players and just wandering around, a mate even brought a ball and we had a lick about in the open end goal. I know this is very different to that, different times, but I imagine it would mean even more as you are not allowed on the pitch any more. 
And it's for charity, really is a nice idea. 

********************************************************************

PICNIC ON THE PITCH RETURNS TO CRAVEN COTTAGE!

Supporters are invited to Craven Cottage on Sunday 4th June for an afternoon of fun between 11.30am-3pm.

Fans of all ages can bring their picnic baskets and blankets, and settle in on the historic Craven Cottage turf, with plenty of games & activities planned to entertain all the family!

What's more, there will be live music to enjoy and light refreshments available to purchase throughout the afternoon.

Picnic On The Pitch is an all ticket event, priced at £2 with all funds from sales donated to Fulham FC Foundation, who celebrate their 20th Anniversary this season

Screenshot2023-06-08at06_56_53.png.97206118a98fc84e13b1aa946e0eb0cb.png

Screenshot2023-06-08at06_53_59.png.faab79a4148dafb5900fca86777691cb.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

City did do pitchside dining a while ago, think it might have been during Covid when indoor opening wasn't allowed?

Think they did it before the Balloon Fiesta Nightglows last year, or maybe the year before. 

35 minutes ago, City oz said:

4,995 QUID. ?

It's really for all the corporate sponsors, not Joe Public as such. 

The schools usually have a few days use of the pitch too, not sure if they did this year.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

With their £1000 season tickets and £100 match tickets. Real community spirit there.

I’m sure their fans could buy the cheaper tickets available.

I think many City fans would appreciate a picnic on the Ashton Gate pitch on a lovely summer’s day.

10 hours ago, David Brent said:

I’m sure their fans could buy the cheaper tickets available.

I think many City fans would appreciate a picnic on the Ashton Gate pitch on a lovely summer’s day.

I can honestly say that I've never once looked down upon the Ashton Gate turf & thought "I wish I could go & have a picnic on that".!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can honestly say that I've never once looked down upon the Ashton Gate turf & thought "I wish I could go & have a picnic on that".!

Some people do things just because they can do them. 
If City offered the pitch for people to come and do their ironing then someone would pay to do it. 

On 08/06/2023 at 10:50, View from the Dolman said:

Nearly 5k?!?!

A (Forest supporting) mate did the same thing at the City Ground a couple of years back and it was definitely under 100 quid per player.

Seemed pretty reasonable at that price and something I could imagine a fair few fans would be up for 

I could definitely picture myself, in front of the south stand, shanking one over the bar from 4 yards out