IGNORED

Living next to Ashton Gate

Jerseybean

56 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

A real journalist like richard Latham would have used his, initiative and printed something in pre season like a interview with a player, something sports fans may like too read, I suspect thats too much to ask these days,

You do realise this isn’t a sports (or even Bristol City) Journo that wrote this don’t you?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes dave by the way this person conducted their questioning around BS3, I did mention there's a pretty good chance a robot wrote that, so the answer to your questions surprising is yes

Are you a robot?

On 10/06/2023 at 16:05, Oh Louie louie said:

Max, they are insulting our intelligence, and these story's, I'm incomftable when it comes to quotes from faceless people, its that bad I'm thinking about a career in journalism, I mean how hard can it be, faceless people no street names, I could do storys like that, but id probably need to learn how to spell tbh 

Re. your spelling and grammar etc. jeopardising your potential career in journalism, I should think that you would fit in perfectly with Bristol Live.

I look forward to reading your first article, although it would be appreciated if you could do something about those infernal pop-up adverts.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 18:41, steviestevieneville said:

True , how long before they do. I haven’t got a problem with not driving , but the public transport needs to be much better 

Move Ashton Gate to Amsterdam.

Wife and I are on holiday here in a village about 15km north of the city.

Bus service is 8 buses per hour from 6am to midnight. Cost about 3 euros per journey.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Bus service is 8 buses per hour from 6am to midnight. Cost about 3 euros per journey.

Yes, also the trams & double decker trains from the airport . Very efficient over there . 

Not being funny, but it's not like AG was a secret project, that popped up overnight. You live near a football stadium, it's going to get a bit chaotic on matchdays, particularly if there's no parking control (which there should be, fair enough).

As for cars vs public transport - Bristol's public transport is clearly just as shocking as I remember it back in the day. I can't believe I'm thinking of moving back...:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Ahh, but Amsterdam doesn't have to cope with two rivers like Bristol does ?

I live on Luckwell road- no qualms about matchday parking, pretty clear what you’re signing up for. My issue is the amount of flats they’re chucking up (without parking) in the area. I’d be in favour of an RPZ, but it won’t happen under Marv- I’m sure I read that they did a poll that was largely in favour of bringing one in here, but said not enough voters turned out so it didn’t count. Interesting way to do a poll. 

6 hours ago, EHarvey said:

I live on Luckwell road- no qualms about matchday parking, pretty clear what you’re signing up for. My issue is the amount of flats they’re chucking up (without parking) in the area. I’d be in favour of an RPZ, but it won’t happen under Marv- I’m sure I read that they did a poll that was largely in favour of bringing one in here, but said not enough voters turned out so it didn’t count. Interesting way to do a poll. 

I wouldn’t think this article helps a Certain team north of Bristol with hopes of a new stadium :laugh:

13 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Re. your spelling and grammar etc. jeopardising your potential career in journalism, I should think that you would fit in perfectly with Bristol Live.

I look forward to reading your first article, although it would be appreciated if you could do something about those infernal pop-up adverts.

Phil, download Adblock.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EHarvey said:

As a fellow BS3 (Smyth Rd) resident I think the poll was done by Mark Bradshaw a while back, maybe a couple of years. Support for RPZ south of North St was only marginally ahead of no restrictions so I think it kinda got kicked into the long grass. The most recent stuff I have heard about RPZ is that the council are looking at potentially scrapping them. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-residents-parking-zone-permits-8503430

Not forgetting though that there was a stipulation after the AG rebuild that if there were a certain number of games in a row that exceeded (I think) 20,000 attendance then the club itself had to fund & implement a matchday parking scheme in the surrounding roads. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gate-survey-residents-matchday-1237820

To sum it up: nothing will change. 

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Come on phil with my media connections I can get sky sports down, word in your shell like Phil you been taking the piss out my spelling now for three years, you keep poking and proding someone you get karma

It may have started three years ago, but I very swiftly apologised to you.