IGNORED

Living next to Ashton Gate

Jerseybean

50 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

As a fellow BS3 (Smyth Rd) resident I think the poll was done by Mark Bradshaw a while back, maybe a couple of years. Support for RPZ south of North St was only marginally ahead of no restrictions so I think it kinda got kicked into the long grass. The most recent stuff I have heard about RPZ is that the council are looking at potentially scrapping them. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-residents-parking-zone-permits-8503430

Not forgetting though that there was a stipulation after the AG rebuild that if there were a certain number of games in a row that exceeded (I think) 20,000 attendance then the club itself had to fund & implement a matchday parking scheme in the surrounding roadshttps://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gate-survey-residents-matchday-1237820

To sum it up: nothing will change. 

Think it was 25k.

Nothing will change? Looks to me like the price of permits are set to absolutely rocket.

Our area was asked about an RPZ years ago - vast majority were against it but they implemented it anyway.

Just about time to move on from Bristol methinks.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

As a fellow BS3 (Smyth Rd) resident I think the poll was done by Mark Bradshaw a while back, maybe a couple of years. Support for RPZ south of North St was only marginally ahead of no restrictions so I think it kinda got kicked into the long grass. The most recent stuff I have heard about RPZ is that the council are looking at potentially scrapping them. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-residents-parking-zone-permits-8503430

Not forgetting though that there was a stipulation after the AG rebuild that if there were a certain number of games in a row that exceeded (I think) 20,000 attendance then the club itself had to fund & implement a matchday parking scheme in the surrounding roads. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gate-survey-residents-matchday-1237820

To sum it up: nothing will change. 

Howdy neighbour. Yeah, I remember the ‘25k attendance three games in a row’ thing. Didn’t we actually do that against Man U, Man C and possibly Norwich in the middle during the cup run a few years back? Think I remember the club saying it was 25k tickets sold but not 25k attending so they didn’t have to do it. I am surprised BCC haven’t RPZd the whole of BS3 really- more for the cash grab opportunities with football and rugby bringing a lot down. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes. But then they say theY expect RPZ to be phased out or something?

I don't think so, they're planning to re evaluate it but from what I can see that is just to make it more effective in cutting car use.

Absolutely no chance of scrapping it imo, it will just get increasingly expensive as we're seeing now.

It's authoritarian, anti car, and now an increasing money raiser. so ticks all the boxes for the local council.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Just get bombarded with pop ups linking other non “story’s “ . 
      First ones questioning why a certain Rod Stewards suddenly gone quiet, after seeing him years ago down the Gate, it’s probably for the best!

Press the “reader view” option & the pop ups arent shown

Edited by Lewisdabaron
  • Like 1

I worked with someone who used to moan all through the football season because she lived near Selhurst Park when both Palace and Wimbledon were playing there meaning that cars were parked everywhere and the traffic was terrible before and after the game.

She must have know that there was a football stadium nearby when she bought it; I had just assumed that anyone buying a house or flat near a football ground is doing so because they intend going to watch it and it must be great to be able to walk there in a few minutes and turn out for every youth and reserve game.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I worked with someone who used to moan all through the football season because she lived near Selhurst Park when both Palace and Wimbledon were playing there meaning that cars were parked everywhere and the traffic was terrible before and after the game.

She must have know that there was a football stadium nearby when she bought it; I had just assumed that anyone buying a house or flat near a football ground is doing so because they intend going to watch it and it must be great to be able to walk there in a few minutes and turn out for every youth and reserve game.

Living by the ground is great, albeit not without the odd frustration. As City & Bears season ticket holders it's ace; sitting in your garden with a free Killers, Manics, Muse, Arctic Monkeys etc concert too is a bonus, as well as making a few quid for parking off gullible gig go-ers with more money than sense. But anyone who moves here and then has the gall to bellyache about it all is a bit much really. 

• Like 2