IGNORED

Recruiting Participants for an Electroencephalography Experiment

Dario

Hello everyone, sorry to interrupt here. I'm running an Electroencephalography experiment and in the next 2 weeks I will have to stop my data collection and I still need participants. The experiment lasts 2 hours and I'm paying £18 in Amazon vouchers.

Here are some details:
We are looking for monolingual native British English speakers, aged 18 to 40, for a language study at the University of Bristol. This study explores speech perception by measuring your brain’s responses to different auditory stimuli using a non-invasive brain recording technique called Electroencephalography (EEG). The study will last 2 hours and you will be reimbursed with £18 worth of Amazon vouchers for your time. Please email ph19995@bristol.ac.uk to receive more details.

Sorry, and many thanks! ? ?

• Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Dario said:

Hello everyone, sorry to interrupt here. I'm running an Electroencephalography experiment and in the next 2 weeks I will have to stop my data collection and I still need participants. The experiment lasts 2 hours and I'm paying £18 in Amazon vouchers.

Here are some details:
We are looking for monolingual native British English speakers, aged 18 to 40, for a language study at the University of Bristol. This study explores speech perception by measuring your brain’s responses to different auditory stimuli using a non-invasive brain recording technique called Electroencephalography (EEG). The study will last 2 hours and you will be reimbursed with £18 worth of Amazon vouchers for your time. Please email ph19995@bristol.ac.uk to receive more details.

Sorry, and many thanks! ? ?

I wish you well with your studies, but you might get a better response if you dumb the ask down a bit.

Aside from most of the words used being game winning Scrabble scores, you lost me.

Also, any chance of swapping the Amazon vouchers for some sort or super-powerd?

• Like 1

Regarding age, I (or someone else) might do at some point a study that extends my current study and see how people over 40s deal with the problem that I'm studying. If that happens, I will let you know where to find you. BTW, If any of you are interested in taking part in other experiments (that might not be as age-restricted as mine) you can check other studies being run at the uni here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/psychology/experiments/ 

About vouchers, yeah, 18 looks like an odd number, but it is under the regulation of the Uni (basically paying £9 per hour is considered acceptable for an experiment that cannot harm you in any way).

• Like 1