IGNORED

Ronaldo 200 caps

Pearcy

I'm surprised it's not been mentioned on here that Christano Ronaldo picked up his 200th international cap tonight, the first male footballer officially recognised by FIFA to reach 200 caps. He got an 89th minute winner too. He shows no signs of hanging up his boots too, so how many could he reach? Say what you want about the guy but that's an incredible achievement.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Meh. Incredible footballer but a self centred tosser imo. Up his own arse

You try being on the stage he is and not thinking of yourself a little bit more than all the people out there that are just trying to get a piece of your fame for their own selfish reasons.

Does plenty for charitable causes too but people don't care about that. Not as good a story to moan about.

• Like 4

Well done him.

He is a very talented footballer but there are many of these and out of these he is the one who has done everything possy to nurture, prolong and improve that talent.

He reminds me of an old story of someone seeing Stanley Matthews doing a long run on a beach on Christmas Day and then asking why he was doing that, Stanley replied "it's my job".

Such people are to be admired rather than the ones who are pissed up bankrupts at forty.

There is an uncharitable steak in people which likes to see successful people come a cropper. It is meat and drink to the tabloid press.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well done him.

He is a very talented footballer but there are many of these and out of these he is the one who has done everything possy to nurture, prolong and improve that talent.

He reminds me of an old story of someone seeing Stanley Matthews doing a long run on a beach on Christmas Day and then asking why he was doing that, Stanley replied "it's my job".

Such people are to be admired rather than the ones who are pissed up bankrupts at forty.

There is an uncharitable steak in people which likes to see successful people come a cropper. It is meat and drink to the tabloid press.

I see what you did there, very clever ?.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Messi is still better.

He is and always has been but the dedication and hard work CR7 has shown to maximise every last ounce of talent he has over 20 years is still to be admired.

Professionally he is unparalleled but his personality and apparent desire to be centre stage does detract from that.

• Like 1