IGNORED

Fixture Release Day (22/06)

Jimbo123

Fixtures are out tomorrow.

We'll be at home first weekend as the second weekend (12/08) the balloon fiesta is on.

With that in mind, do we have any preferences for the key dates?

Opening Home Game - Leeds or Leicester at home my preference. TV game in front of a sell out crowd, hopefully on the Friday night. Best to play the relegation sides before they get into their stride I usually find.

Opening Away Game - Sheffield Wednesday away, big away allocation and a winnable game.

Boxing Day - Just any home game will do, QPR at home I'll guess.

Final Day - Blackburn away. 8,000 allocation for if we need anything. Imagine we needed 3 points there for promotion :D 

1 hour ago, Jimbo123 said:

We'll be at home first weekend as the second weekend (12/08) the balloon fiesta is on.

Opening Home Game - Leeds or Leicester at home my preference. TV game in front of a sell out crowd, hopefully on the Friday night. Best to play the relegation sides before they get into their stride I usually find.

Opening Away Game - Sheffield Wednesday away, big away allocation and a winnable game.

Final Day - Blackburn away. 8,000 allocation for if we need anything. Imagine we needed 3 points there for promotion :D 

Usually Away on Boxing Day if, opening game is at home.

Have a feeling first game will be Ipswich.

1 hour ago, Jimbo123 said:

Boxing Day, potentially Plymouth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

I don't mind a big home game first up, but if we get one of those it will be moved so I'd rather not. I don't like playing promoted side early, still full of confidence and excitement. Ok if you win, but always tough.

Opening away game Leicester would be good, I still haven't been to the new(er) ground. 

Boxing Day, don't really care as I can't usually make it.

Final day, Southampton would be good.
One of the few places I've been locked in a Pub by the Police. Had the Company of the Southampton Women's team to keep us amused, nice afternoon despite getting beat 3-0.

50 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It seems odd trying to predict our first fixture…. It could be any one of the 23 other league teams, perhaps with the exception of Cardiff.

It really isn't that difficult. As you say not going to be Cardiff, unlikely Swansea. 6 of the last 7 opening home fixtures have been against teams from the North. Wigan, Barnsley, Forest, Leeds, Blackpool and Sunderland. So a good chance of Blackburn, Leeds, Preston. Can certainly narrow it down to about half a dozen.

Cue QPR Home.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

No preference

We have to play everyone twice at some point in the season