IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

46 minutes ago, eardun said:

I had never heard of passbook but I see this on Apple wallet article on Wikipedia 

Apple Passbook was announced at the 2012 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference on June 11, 2012, and released with iOS 6 on September 19, 2012.[2] It was renamed "Apple Wallet" with the release of iOS 9 on September 16, 2015.

so is it an old phone or on on old software? 

No it’s an IPhone XS with 16.5 update. 

10 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Anyone not received the email today? I renewed tickets for myself, my wife and two sons. Three of us have received the email but my wife hasn’t, which feels a little odd.  Thanks in anticipation of feedback. 

Not received mine 

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Maybe it’s just a sign of my own advancing years but I get very defensive when I read anything that lumps all elderly people into being unable to manage this new fangled tech

Well said, us old uns invented the mobile phone ffs! 

Not me personally of course

Edited by StGeorge
clarity
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Anyone not received the email today? I renewed tickets for myself, my wife and two sons. Three of us have received the email but my wife hasn’t, which feels a little odd.  Thanks in anticipation of feedback. 

They must still be sending them out in batches. Spoke to a mate earlier , he received his but his Son hasn't yet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, redapple said:

No it’s an IPhone XS with 16.5 update. 

And you definitely have Apple wallet on your phone? Reason I ask is that I saw this in the Q&A:

I can’t find Apple Wallet on my iPhone?

From iOS version 16.1 onwards, it's possible to remove Apple Wallet from your iPhone.

If you can't find your Apple Wallet, go to the App Store on your phone and search 'Apple Wallet'. If you have removed it by accident, you will have the option to install it again.

Not sure if I was a member on here when we changed from paper books to cards, I wonder if elderly people wanted to carry on using the book because they couldn't be bothered with a card?

I'm glad the club have done this, it's a proven technology and makes things easier. It's the last thing I had in my wallet that hadn't already been replaced so I now don't need to carry a wallet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not saying they have to make everyone use their new system, but over time as more embrace it, there will become a point where the cost of producing physical season tickets will probably end up costing.  That might be initially free, then free for those who can provide a valid reason.

At some point, e.g. next season they can simply change the terms of a season ticket, you either accept or you don’t.  It happens the world over.

I have no issues with anyone and their reasons, but just don’t be surprised if the terms change at some point.

There will be winners and losers.

Wait until they close the ticket offices at railway stations and people are going to have to use one of those touch-screen things....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

I may have missed it in this thread, but I’ve only got the first game (Preston) downloaded to my wallet; is that the same for all? Is the expectation we have to download a ticket for each game? I’m don’t recall reading that in the email etc. thanks! 

Will update a couple of days before each game, just ensure you have automatic updates enabled.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

I may have missed it in this thread, but I’ve only got the first game (Preston) downloaded to my wallet; is that the same for all? Is the expectation we have to download a ticket for each game? I’m don’t recall reading that in the email etc. thanks! 

The app will automatically update a couple of days before each game to show the next game. No need to re-download anything.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

It only shows the Preston game but has the words Season Ticket in big letters below it, I guess it will just show the next upcoming game each time

Edited by richwwtk

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

Q&As here

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/tickets-memberships/season-tickets/digital-season-tickets-faqs/

A Season Ticket holder’s Digital Season Ticket will update to show the next available fixture, at least two days before the next match. Please ensure you have automatic updates enabled in Apple Wallet or Google Wallet.

• Thanks 1

Had my email come through with my ticket yesterday, but also have 2 kids season tickets as well which haven't came through as of yet, problem is I can't remember for the life of me if when I set up their Supporter ID's years ago if they had to have their own email address or whether I had to use mine. 

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Had my email come through with my ticket yesterday, but also have 2 kids season tickets as well which haven't came through as of yet, problem is I can't remember for the life of me if when I set up their Supporter ID's years ago if they had to have their own email address or whether I had to use mine. 

Did 3 on my email address yesterday,as long as your related I don’t think it matters.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

My parents (in their mid to late 60s and 70s) have reported that it took them less than a minute to add the tickets to their (inexpensive) smartphones. Nice and easy.

It took me less than 5 minutes to order 3 season cards,simples.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, One Team said:

I thought we were going to get a season card,I had a download just for Preston too.seems we have to download every game

36 minutes ago, red kev said:

Digital tickets remind me of harry dolmans automatic turnstiles introduced in the 80s. They caused huge queues before games and were soon scrapped!

Must admit I find Apple Pay on my phone more convenient and quicker than getting a credit card out of a physical wallet, so I’m expecting the same positive experience with the digital season ticket as it’s the same process. I also have train tickets, flight boarding passes, store cards etc on my phone for similar convenience. I always have my phone on me; I don’t always want to carry a physical wallet around. 

I accept though that some fans will need a physical season card as they don’t use smart phones.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, forbespm said:

I thought we were going to get a season card,I had a download just for Preston too.seems we have to download every game

See above. It auto updates before each match. Check you have auto updates set to on on the ticket. 

14 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

My Apple wallet is the same on both my iPhone and Apple Watch,  with season ticket showing on both - perhaps review your settings?

Checked this morning. It says mirror my phone in the settings, but no season cards. Maybe it’s cos I’ve got three season cards on my phone, so it can’t cope with more than one.