IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

May be an image of text that says "BRISTOL CITY Bristol City SLO @BristolCitySLO All supporters who have purchased season tickets will be contacted via emai with updates regarding digital ticketing in the next few weeks in plenty of time for the seaso start against @pnefc 09:53 23/06/2023 from Earth 237 Views"

I take it Digital Ticketing is an app on your phone that allows you entry through the turnstyles is it ?

Problems i see with this is  what happens if battery dies on your phone ?

There's a crowd of us who all sit together, if anyone is unable to attend a match we give the ticket to a one of the others to bring a friend along to save the ticket being wasted this wont possible now as you are not going to give someone your phone are you 

• Like 2

Jerry has also tweeted:

the club have said numerous times there will be an alternative.  I guess in most cases they are trying to get rid of the production and posting of 10k cards….a small number of the 14k+ Season Ticket holders will need an alternative. 

18 minutes ago, westonred said:

May be an image of text that says "BRISTOL CITY Bristol City SLO @BristolCitySLO All supporters who have purchased season tickets will be contacted via emai with updates regarding digital ticketing in the next few weeks in plenty of time for the seaso start against @pnefc 09:53 23/06/2023 from Earth 237 Views"

I take it Digital Ticketing is an app on your phone that allows you entry through the turnstyles is it ?

There's a crowd of us who all sit together, if anyone is unable to attend a match we give the ticket to a one of the others to bring a friend along to save the ticket being wasted this wont possible now as you are not going to give someone your phone are you 

It depends how the digital ticket is set up but you should be able to screen shot the ticket and electronically send it to someone else

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Jerry has also tweeted:

the club have said numerous times there will be an alternative.  I guess in most cases they are trying to get rid of the production and posting of 10k cards….a small number of the 14k+ Season Ticket holders will need an alternative. 

My neighbour inquired about alternatives and was told that if he wanted an actual SC that it would cost him another £20.

• Sad 1

There now seems to be app for everything!

Hopefully any new season ticket app will work better than the BCFC app which kept crashing!

That aside I am fed up with being told you will need to download the app ?

What ever happened to good old customer service and someone to speak too instead of a robot ?!

• Like 6

• Admin
5 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I think it's going to be a bigger number than some think. 

Personally I don't need an alternative but I will be requesting a physical season ticket because I want one.

If this is the case it would be something unique to City, it was mentioned on a SC&T call how other clubs that use this have almost no physical tickets anymore

I honestly don't understand why people are so afraid of change, people panicked about getting rid of paper tickets and that was never really a problem

6 hours ago, westonred said:

What happens if you forget your season ticket?

Take a screenshot and forward it on - it really is going to be VERY easy

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

If this is the case it would be something unique to City, it was mentioned on a SC&T call how other clubs that use this have almost no physical tickets anymore

I honestly don't understand why people are so afraid of change, people panicked about getting rid of paper tickets and that was never really a problem

Is there any way, and I genuinely have no idea, that they could prevent screen shots working at the turnstiles, as it is obviously against the rules to transfer tickets.

7 hours ago, westonred said:

You can still get a card to enter 

• Admin
1 hour ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Is there any way, and I genuinely have no idea, that they could prevent screen shots working at the turnstiles, as it is obviously against the rules to transfer tickets.

Just like a season card now

No way of stopping 

Though those that think they can use the same ticket will get stopped on the additional use

9 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

The tickets going to be availble through Google Wallet isn't it? I'm sure thats what it said. Not a new app.

Usually this and Pass2u wallet 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Just like a season card now

No way of stopping 

Though those that think they can use the same ticket will get stopped on the additional use

Usually this and Pass2u wallet 

Ah right. I'll see what happens next.

Found why i thought it was Google Wallet. Had this in my ST booking email.

Q: Will I receive a new season ticket?

A.2023/24 Season Tickets will be digital so, prior to the start of the season, you will be able to add your Season Ticket to
Apple/Google Wallet on your mobile phone
. More information on how to do this will be issued in due course.
We will work with individual Season Ticket holders to find a solution for them if they are struggling with using a digital season ticket.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I used to support a disabled supporter who found that problematic. The replacement service was cold, unfamiliar and more time consuming due to this individuals disability. He stopped attending. 

A club that moves to a digital only system would be involving itself in a discriminatory practice.

Your use of easy there is a perception. Easy for you is not everybodies easy. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1